Thread: NewTek Connect SDI to NDI no output

NewTek Connect SDI to NDI no output

Hello,

I tried to convert SDI to NDI via NewTek Connect. It works but I have a problem with no output if SDI signal have just black(or very dark). Looks like software detect black video in input and just close the output. It is huge problem because without output no way to select it as source on another device. Is the any way to activate NDI output at start even without any input signal?

Thanks

What video card are you using? I don't believe this is the behavior of NewTek Connect, could the card's driver being doing this? On my system even if no source has been setup inside Connect, I still can see the NDI channel over the network.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Magewell Pro Capture. SDI Signal is good and SDK examples show all information about stream and display black box as output (without signal it display NO SIGNAL image). Magewell NDI Sender output exist even if no SDI signal but NewTek Connect do no show any output even with good SDI signal with blank (black) video. If SDI video signal changed from black to any other video then NDI output immediately appear. I am sure that Magewell send video event if no SDI signal.