Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2018.0.1 is out

Quote Originally Posted by Photogram View Post
    Yeah it seem to render faster!

Something has changed in the global illumination. Here is a snapshot taken in both LW2018 version. (VPR and Final Render)
    This is the same project saved in LW2018.0 and loaded as is in LW2018.0.1
    The illumination has changed drastically!
    Attachment 139437Attachment 139438Attachment 139439

On another subject, i experiencing this strange problem:
    Lightwave or Modeler are continuously stop responding for about a second or two each time i switch back from another software.
    For example coming back from Photoshop or from Windows 10 desktop then i click anywhere in any Layout windows and it instantly become not responsive...

That's very annoying i hope this is a Windows 10 problem or graphic card i will check for a solution.
    Attachment 139440
    yea, i noticed this too, also if you open modeller and layout, don't open an object, bring layout to the front, then bring modeller to the front and modeller will do it for about 4 seconds even though there is nothing to sync
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Noticed that the fracture tool is gone in layout, it has no dedicated menu or button, searched for the voronoi fracture, added it to a new Destroy section in the fx tab, it returns a lot of error messages in the process, it gets fractured though, and it works within bullet.
    I think Fracture was removed from the Layout 2018 menus because it was no longer compatible.

However, the one in Modeler 2018 still works. I always use the Modeler version because it has a few more capabilities. Plus, if errors are generated, you're already there to fix them.

Maybe the plan is to bring them back to Layout eventually? If so, I hope it's replaced with something better. Fracture served me well enough through many movies and TV shows, but I always had to model specifically for this tool to avoid boolean errors.

Overall the new update give better GI results with less Diffuse Bounces.
    Sample Backdrop and ISBG now give better results in my case so i checked them!
    Noise Reduction Filter now is working better!
    Dual Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHZ // 64 gig DDR 3 // 32 cores // Windows 10

creacon
    I have tested it and it works here, two differences with your setup:

- My path is a lot shorter
    - I never use . in directory names, you did in the new version not in the old version.

creacon

Quote Originally Posted by grabiller View Post
    You are a victim of the "not seen, not exist" syndrome.

Not having seen an Alien in your life does not mean they don't exist

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....=1#post1533288

Quote Originally Posted by creacon View Post
    I have tested it and it works here, two differences with your setup:

- My path is a lot shorter
    - I never use . in directory names, you did in the new version not in the old version.

creacon
    As mentioned in the other thread I've tried without '.' and still no luck. Path length is working fine with LW v2018.
    guy rabiller | radfac founder/ceo | raa.tel | French Lightwavers & Studios List

Blog Entries
    Do you have install the update on the nodes for Network render controls
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Nothing ado about much Exception's Avatar

Something has changed in the global illumination. Here is a snapshot taken in both LW2018 version. (VPR and Final Render)
    Attachment 139440

I don't know if someone answered yet, but one of the bug fixed in 2018.0.1 is a lighting difference between interpolated GI and pure MC when HDR backdrops are in use.
    This may be a result of fixing that bug?

I have noticed a brightness difference myself as well though, still, without using a HDR backdrop.

Compare this MC 8 ray / 16 AA render with this Interpolated 8 ray / 16 render. The brightness difference could be due to smoothing out the illumination, but.... I don;t know, it seems a bit much to me.
    Interpolated in this scene does help make the render manageable and okay looking at ~5 minutes, for a 28 minute MC render.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018.0.1_MC_27m30s.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	139484

Name:	2018.0.1_MC-Int_12m28s.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	139485

Quote Originally Posted by Exception View Post
    I don't know if someone answered yet, but one of the bug fixed in 2018.0.1 is a lighting difference between interpolated GI and pure MC when HDR backdrops are in use.
    This may be a result of fixing that bug?

I have noticed a brightness difference myself as well though, still, without using a HDR backdrop.

Compare this MC 8 ray / 16 AA render with this Interpolated 8 ray / 16 render. The brightness difference could be due to smoothing out the illumination, but.... I don;t know, it seems a bit much to me.
    Interpolated in this scene does help make the render manageable and okay looking at ~5 minutes, for a 28 minute MC render.

Name:	2018.0.1_MC_27m30s.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	139484

Name:	2018.0.1_MC-Int_12m28s.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	139485
    I would be very interested in your opinion on the renderer and the lighting, surfacing and nodes in general. Step up/in the right direction? workflow ok? settings layout and grouping? light types? render speed, vpr speed, overall quality.

cheers

I'm really happy they are reacting as fast as they have. Let's hope this is a permanent thing.. short iterations is a good thing.

Agreed!

Blog Entries
    Anyone have a problem with the sample scene of cel alien landing bay. with 2018.1 . It just locks up on it.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

I'll check this if I get a chance.

Illumination changes in 2018.0.1

This is the same project saved in LW2018.0 and loaded as is in LW2018.0.1. The illumination has changed drastically!
    Yeah, I ran a test render of the Jade Dragon sample scene in 2018.0 and 2018.0.1 to see if render times were affected. Only 12 seconds after a 17m render. Anyway, the image differences surprised me, so here they are for review:

Name:	Dragon-2018-0.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	139547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon-2018-0-1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	139548

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    Yeah, I ran a test render of the Jade Dragon sample scene in 2018.0 and 2018.0.1 to see if render times were affected. Only 12 seconds after a 17m render. Anyway, the image differences surprised me, so here they are for review:

Name:	Dragon-2018-0.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	139547Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon-2018-0-1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	139548
    it would be interesting to compare that scene with other renderers too, to see how things look. not to have a mine is better than yours argument but to see what things should look like.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234