Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bring back the diffuse slot

btw, I'll just add there that there was the Ambient setting in the renderer in 2015.3 and below that is/was incredibly useful when rendering UI icons and such.
    Yes, not realistic, not accurate for PBR but people use Lightwave differently and this was a VERY useful feature for easy setups for UI work; also for pre-viz work of NPR and stylized CG/Games. Some wavers (non on this forum) consider it redundant but I would argue that it is not so. Fast pre-viz of productions and ideas was one of THE feathers in Lightwaves cap. It is something else that I wish had remained in 2018. Personally I used Lightwave to previz many ideas for those kind of projects and Ambient was very handy.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post

You can. Thats what the speherical map option in reflection is for.
    yes, i meant globally from the backdrop options, see modo.

@gar26lw
    Right, I understand what you are doing, and it makes sense yes. But, except for the missing Ambient feature perhaps, you already have the tools to do what you want.

You can't complain about the pBSDF material not letting you do what you want because that's the point of the pBSDF material: The "principle" has been carefully designed - by Disney btw at first and it is now in Houdini, Lightwave, etc.. - especially for artists going through the PBR route while shielding them from producing non-PRB results with technically wrong settings. It allows them to concentrate on the Art, without worrying too much about the technicalities.

So understand it is a bit embarrassing to hear someone now asking for a broken, previously carefully designed PBR "shielded" pBSDF material, just for customization purpose
    guy rabiller | radfac founder/ceo | raa.tel | French Lightwavers & Studios List

from the blender www

"Cycles is Blender’s ray-trace based production render engine.

Unidirectional path tracing with multiple importance sampling
    Multi-core CPU rendering with SIMD acceleration
    GPU rendering with NVidia CUDA & AMD OpenCL
    Multi-GPU support
    Unified rendering kernel for CPU and GPU"

"Cycles Shading
    PBR - Physically Based Rendering
    Node based shaders and lights
    Principled BSDF
    Production tricks
    Open Shading Language (CPU only)"

https://www.blender.org/features/rendering/

love this experimental build section:

https://builder.blender.org/download/
    Last edited by gar26lw; 01-16-2018 at 08:22 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123