Thread: Tricaster HANGS! EMERGENCY!!!!

Angry Tricaster HANGS! EMERGENCY!!!!

Well guys with not further... our tricaster hangs and for me its a difficult situation having all going alright and simply not Control Table ...not keyboard...still playing video and finish playing and hangs the only thing i noticed its a little flicker when i use the BUFFERS or the DDR as soon as i change the mouse pointer goes to the middle of the screen like a reset of some sort? there are bugs that maybe we didn't notice???? also i think that maybe will help to change the disk to 850 EVO PRO samsung on the storage side to make a difference on throughput of data ...HELP APPRECIATE it ....im going Crazy with this .... THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE

Regards

Alfieri Noce

Hi Alfieri,

Having a bit of trouble understanding the issue - do you have problems when using the DDR? If so, what kind of clips are you playing? Always use the Media Manager for Import so that video clips get transcoded (converted) to TriCaster .mov for good results.

Make sure hard drives are not too full since performance decreases as drives fill up.

Which TriCaster model?

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

Hello our Tricaster is the 460 version, we put Mp4 as we receive material at the edge of time ...do you recommend to import (trans-code to the tricaster codec) as a politic to work with ?
    and for throughput change the data drives to Samsung 850 evo pro ssd ? also a good procedure/politic will be using on the edit team the newtek codec so there is no bottleneck ?
    thanks in advance ...regards

Alfieri

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Hi Alfieri,

Having a bit of trouble understanding the issue - do you have problems when using the DDR? If so, what kind of clips are you playing? Always use the Media Manager for Import so that video clips get transcoded (converted) to TriCaster .mov for good results.

Make sure hard drives are not too full since performance decreases as drives fill up.

Which TriCaster model?

Thanks

Jeff

One should ALWAYS use the Media Manager (importer) which is a green icon found on the Carousel screen after opening a Session. Importing all media with this tool means that the stills or videos will be placed in the correct media folder locations corresponding to the Session being used, and will also transcode any non-compliant video clips to make sure they will always play well in the DDR without issues.

If these are video clips that you are creating using a video editor, then always export as QuickTime .mov or .avi using the Newtek Speed HQ codec, then the files will not need to transcode and will just work in DDR.

Any newer 3.5" SATA drive with 7200rpm, 64mb cache should work well for playback and recording - this is what Newtek uses. For instance, Seagate Barracuda or Western Digital Caviar Black drives are good. Never use "green" drives which favor power-saving over performance.

If I understand your situation, you might be using .mp4 clips that you get "at the last minute" and don't have time to convert? If so, perhaps change the workflow. I have set up a laptop PC with VLC Media Player software installed, and I also installed the NDI plug-in for VLC. The laptop is on the same network as TriCaster, and I can play .mp4 clips in VLC and they come to TriCaster using NDI and work perfectly. A USB-stick with .mp4 files can be inserted into laptop and I can immediately play video out to TriCaster since I have made VLC the default player for .mp4 files. Insert thumb drive, Windows Explorer opens to show files, I double-click any .mp4 and it plays direct to NDI via VLC.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

Jeff thanks so much for your support another question that i have its the buffers sometimes when i change the tittles the screen flicks thats normal? and on the hardware side its better to use monitors than Television screens i think sometimes when a monitor goes off tears the system .... thanks again

Alfieri

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    One should ALWAYS use the Media Manager (importer) which is a green icon found on the Carousel screen after opening a Session. Importing all media with this tool means that the stills or videos will be placed in the correct media folder locations corresponding to the Session being used, and will also transcode any non-compliant video clips to make sure they will always play well in the DDR without issues.

If these are video clips that you are creating using a video editor, then always export as QuickTime .mov or .avi using the Newtek Speed HQ codec, then the files will not need to transcode and will just work in DDR.

Any newer 3.5" SATA drive with 7200rpm, 64mb cache should work well for playback and recording - this is what Newtek uses. For instance, Seagate Barracuda or Western Digital Caviar Black drives are good. Never use "green" drives which favor power-saving over performance.

If I understand your situation, you might be using .mp4 clips that you get "at the last minute" and don't have time to convert? If so, perhaps change the workflow. I have set up a laptop PC with VLC Media Player software installed, and I also installed the NDI plug-in for VLC. The laptop is on the same network as TriCaster, and I can play .mp4 clips in VLC and they come to TriCaster using NDI and work perfectly. A USB-stick with .mp4 files can be inserted into laptop and I can immediately play video out to TriCaster since I have made VLC the default player for .mp4 files. Insert thumb drive, Windows Explorer opens to show files, I double-click any .mp4 and it plays direct to NDI via VLC.

Thanks

Jeff