Thread: trouble with 2018 mouse acceleration...

trouble with 2018 mouse acceleration...

Is anyone else having trouble with their mouse in 2018? (win 10)
    for me, in modeler, drag, move, rotate, and in both colour picker, the mouse seems to have some sort of acceleration on it, making it really hard to do anything delicate. the minimum i can move or colour pick anything is about 3 or 4 pixels. (Grid snap is set to none as well)

i've found a few semi solution, but they all have flaws.

First if i swap to tablet mode, the mouse moves correctly - but the trade off is obviously i can only move the mouse on the screen which makes using the viewport controls hard

Second i swapped move for movePlus, which moves items exactly the way i expect them to - but the trade off is that it doesn't work in the UV window, and right click makes things scale.

third, drag snap works the way i want - but trade off is the snap, don't want that all the time

another thing i tried, but can't see any difference, was messing with the navigation options- do they actually work at all. Unless i wrote 0 in fields they didn't seem to affect anything.

(sorry for starting a thread for this, i don't really know forum etiquette. I've ran into a fair few problems with 2018, and most have been solved by people giving me help on other threads, but this one i just can't seem to work out)
    Last edited by dyls_E; 01-11-2018 at 02:50 AM.

I had a mouse acceleration problem quite a bit ago in another software package, but found the if I turned off acceleration in the Mouse Software, it solved the problem. I was and still am using a Razer Naga mouse. HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by denders View Post
    I had a mouse acceleration problem quite a bit ago in another software package, but found the if I turned off acceleration in the Mouse Software, it solved the problem. I was and still am using a Razer Naga mouse. HTH.
    thanks, i did try that. unfortiantly that wasn't causing it. It is only some tools that it is doing it. driving me mad haha

it's a different problem to that one. I tried it anyways, but it made no difference.

Below is an attempt at showing what is happening. surely it isn't just happening to me. it's near impossible to work with it jumping so much. and the fact that it is only doing it with some of the tools is making me think it is defiantly something happening in lightwave, not anywhere else on my computer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	messed up move too.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	139421