Thread: AA Reconstruccion filters ┐where?

AA Reconstruccion filters ┐where?

Hi Friends,

Does anyone know where is the antialiasing reconstruction filter?. (box, classic, gaussian etc).
    In the buffers editor, it does not seem to have any effect on the render and render progress Info:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-01-10 (2).jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	139323

Thanks!!

Hector Moratilla

Maybe this text on render window is filled from legacy options. Seems a bug to me.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ure˝a
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Asticles View Post
    Maybe this text on render window is filled from legacy options. Seems a bug to me.
    Yes, maybe it's a bug. I compared the result of the antialiasing between the different filters of LW 2018 and I do not appreciate any difference between Mitchel, Box, Lanczos Sync, Triangle or Gaussian. They do NOT seem to be working, and the render progress window only appears Classic filter. Curiously, the Classic rec filter is nowhere in the LW 2018 interface. Very strange.

Saludos!

Hector Moratilla

Hola Hector,

Make sure you report a bug, because it does look like it. What did you set your filter radius to on the reconstruction filters?

Don't forget that you can report a bug in the Help menu in Layout and Modeler.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 960 (388.59, 4GB and 1024 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

I always used classic for all the renderings I do so hopefully this gets sorted out or there is a good alternate filter for classic.
    https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Hardware Specs: i7 4930K, 32 GB, Windows 10, Nvidia GTX 770 2GB

I think Classic is Triangle, but the docs also talk about Box.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 960 (388.59, 4GB and 1024 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Moratill View Post
    Yes, maybe it's a bug. I compared the result of the antialiasing between the different filters of LW 2018 and I do not appreciate any difference between Mitchel, Box, Lanczos Sync, Triangle or Gaussian. They do NOT seem to be working, and the render progress window only appears Classic filter. Curiously, the Classic rec filter is nowhere in the LW 2018 interface. Very strange.

Saludos!

Hector Moratilla
    They're working, try Lanczossinc with radius 3 and compare it to others.

Un saludo.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ure˝a
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

In a way, I wish that these settings weren't moved from where they were in 2015.3, but I understand the reason to break them out. I too was puzzled by the seeming non-change recfilter of the rendering display, but I did notice the change in a few of the 2018 content scenes, and wasn't sure how to effect a change to them.

2018.01 uodate has solved this bug!, thanks NewTek....or LWG guys

LWB-2990 Render status window always reports RecFltr = Classic

Hector