Thread: TC1 Flickering Video Output

Exclamation TC1 Flickering Video Output

Hey,

So I'm having issues with video output randomly choosing to flicker every now and then.. Sometimes it self corrects itself and other times it won't go away even after restarting. You can't see the flickering in the preview or program monitors, but you can see them when the video is output to a signal monitor, QC machine or even over the air.

It clearly looks like a sync issue. I've got black pulse going from a generator into a DA then going into Tricaster. I've checked the video output reference and compared it with the reference of the sync generator using a signal monitor and it looks pretty spot on.

Should I take the TC1 off reference and just let the internal frame sync take care of my camera, video playout, and Chyron sources? When I try to recreate the issue, it never seems to occur until I'm at least an hour's drive away from the Tricaster.

Newtek's answer seems to be to restore the C partition, and reupdate everything. But that doesn't seem to solve much after trying it.

We just started experiencing this with our TC1 one as well. I too have tried to reset to factory with no improvement. In my troubleshooting it appears it may be related to devices attached to the SDI inputs on the TC1 as I have inputs from NDI not showing any flickering/digital noise. The issue seemed to crop up out of nowhere as we have had no changes to our environment, no changes to setup of devices etc.

Could this be a refresh rate issue?

Is this what it looks like?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L4YppeeUJ1lqlbsv1

I am seeing a similar thing. It seems to favor doing this to output 4 but we have seen it cycle through all the SDI outputs.

Thanks

So one thing I did was to try the restore, but this time not updating the build. That seems to be working after five newscasts and a few days in... Hopefully the issue doesn't occur anymore. I don't see us updating it anytime soon if that is what caused the issue. I left my TC1 and its sources genlocked.

To kelbyadmin:
    I'm not sure about a refresh rate issue. But most of my sources come from a network switch, not the inputs located on the back of the Tricaster computer. The only thing I have feeding locally are my cameras.

To stp_productions:
    Yes! That's what all my SDI outputs look like. Like I said above, I tried the restore with updating and it seems to have solved the issue. I can't say that will help solve your issue, but it might help a little... Let me know what helps so I can keep that in mind for the future.
    Last edited by 00JIG; 01-16-2018 at 01:39 PM.

OK, i talked to support this morning and they told me to roll back. After roll back I am also not seeing the flickering. I was able to reproduce the issue using only the DDR and their supplied sample footage. I will file a bug and point to this thread. I would ask you do the same

Hello !
    What do you mean by "rolling back" ? Playing a media file (in DDR) backwards ? Restoring the unit to factory default ?
    I'm asking cause I had exactly the same problem as you did today, appearing on my 4 SDI outputs. Restarting the TC-1 seemed to solve it but I'd love to know what solution Newtek support has given you.
    Thanks !
    Lola Thomas
    Certified Tricaster Proline Operator
    --------------
    TriCasters : Mini, Mini SDI, 860, 8000, TC1 (with AE)
    IP Series : VMC1, VMC1 In
    3Play : 3Play 4800
    Talkshow : VS-100

Rolling back to factory. When I update the issue returns for me sadly. I filled a bug ticket.