Thread: Spectre and Meltdown potential issues going forward?

Spectre and Meltdown potential issues going forward?

A little concerned about this given both the serious nature of the issue from both a security and performance perspective:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/9/16...es-pc-slowdown

Does NewTek have a position on this that may help put everyone's mind to rest? Obviously, the non-TC1/IP Series are on Windows 7 ...

Clearly, we're not doing anything that involves most web "surfing" activities but occasionally we need to get on a page for one reason or another so I'm not sure if this would expose our system to malicious code or not. Naturally, there's no personal information on the system nor would I expect we'd access any externally ... but I wouldn't want to see our system become part of a zombie bot army or such! But, also concerned about exposing IDs and passwords to CDNs or other sites we work with via the TriCaster (EG, YouTube).

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications
    Last edited by fgolman; 01-09-2018 at 06:36 PM.

I'm really concerned about those issues as you do. I hope Newtek will put new updates online soon. Bu I'm also concerned by the lastest news I've heard about Intel Broadwell and Haswell CPUs. It appears that the update that Intel has deployed caused successive restart of the computer. I'd rather not see this happen on my Tricaster xD
    Lola Thomas
    Certified Tricaster Proline Operator
    --------------
    TriCasters : Mini, Mini SDI, 860, 8000, TC1 (with AE)
    IP Series : VMC1, VMC1 In
    3Play : 3Play 4800
    Talkshow : VS-100