Thread: Spark Across Subnets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Spark Across Subnets

I have an NDI Spark. It works great via hardwired LAN. When I connect it to Wi-Fi I am not able to see the signal. Our Wi-Fi is on a separate subnet, so I add the IP of the spark to NDI Access manager. The Spark still doesn't show up. I have the NDI Camera app on my iPhone. When I connect to the Wi-Fi with the phone and add it's IP to Access manager the phone's camera shows up just fine. I'm very confused why the NDI Camera works great on the Wi-Fi but the Spark does not. Has anyone else had this issue?

Try the 1.5 update for Spark, and also update NDI access manager, now states: "Ability to Connect Across Networks. It’s now possible to find Connect Spark devices on other networks via IP address and add them to the list of visible sources using NDI Access Manager"

Maybe this will help, but networking is a weakness for me

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Try the 1.5 update for Spark, and also update NDI access manager, now states: "Ability to Connect Across Networks. It’s now possible to find Connect Spark devices on other networks via IP address and add them to the list of visible sources using NDI Access Manager"

Maybe this will help, but networking is a weakness for me

Thanks
    Thank you for your help. I didn't realize there are two versions of Access Manager. I downloaded the new version and ran it. Low and behold there is a pull down menu that allows you to select what kind of NDI device you have. Here is where I run into a hitch. As soon as I save my settings, Access Manager crashes. Very disappointing, I hope Newtek fixes the problem soon.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorslab View Post
    I hope Newtek fixes the problem soon.
    Please enter a bug report with complete details - versions, OS, etc.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....Reporting-Bugs
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")