Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DPkit and nodes. for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yeah, made this vid, might be of help
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gjixZPiB4g
    That result looks good as far as killing the noise.

What would happen if you had a detailed texture map on the head, and are denoising the final render like that? Would the texture start to blur? If so, that would be the reason to find a way to use the luminosity buffer instead, assuming the luminosity is still the main culprit for the noise in the new render.

Thanks for making the video it is definitely helpful, as the workflow is a little counter intuitive.

away from home atm,
    Would the texture start to blur?
    i believe it would on a Final.
    not quite sure if 2018 can pull it off like DP NIF.
    2018 can denoise buffers, but not quite in the same way (i think)
    i'm quite sure DP NIF could denoise without blurring the texture.
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....DPont-Denoiser
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

For those really interested in getting some 2018 DPkit updates, It might be a good idea to donate something, all work deserve some compensation .

Quote Originally Posted by marchermitte View Post
    For those really interested in getting some 2018 DPkit updates, It might be a good idea to donate something, all work deserve some compensation .
    Absolutely true, however, I also think it warrants some sort of statement (preferrably on the site itself ) that there will be some sort of upgrade is that happens. I think donations are warranted either way.. since people seem to depend upon them But you get my meaning I hope.

same for ifw. need those and dpont rman, nodes, dpkit etc in lw 2018 real bad, imho.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    If you made money with DPKit, future upgrades OR NO, you should have donated.

For some people, they are indispensable.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

In that case make it a paid plugin. Realistically, I don't think anyone will donate for a plugin that is now end of life. Only if it is updated, would people donate now, and if that is the case, there is nothing wrong with DPont charging a price for the update. Just like OD tools for instance.

In playing around with the 2018 render buffers, I haven't seen a way to make up for the loss of the image filter. Even with the custom nodes feature, you would have to do everything on a per surface basis, so it seems like the image filter is where we need to get that control back. If NT makes a similar image node filter, I wouldn't complain either. There may be a way to do a lot of this in 2018 already for all I know. I only started really experimenting with the DP stuff within the past year or so, but it seems like the noise reducing technique using Gerardo's set up is a bit more surgical, so I wish I could try it in 2018, to compare to the native noise filter.

The render buffers do offer some options to get at some of the noisier passes separately, but recombining them properly is another story.

i’m really missing my shadermiester and it’s shader system. also dponts shaders. i’m hoping nt can implement the hooks for allowing similar abilities to get shadermiester working again. maybe it will be called surfacemeister or nodemiester or something

Quote Originally Posted by marchermitte View Post
    Absolutely. Or start a Kickstarter fund.

No one should work for free.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    In that case make it a paid plugin. Realistically, I don't think anyone will donate for a plugin that is now end of life. Only if it is updated, would people donate now, and if that is the case, there is nothing wrong with DPont charging a price for the update. Just like OD tools for instance.

In playing around with the 2018 render buffers, I haven't seen a way to make up for the loss of the image filter. Even with the custom nodes feature, you would have to do everything on a per surface basis, so it seems like the image filter is where we need to get that control back. If NT makes a similar image node filter, I wouldn't complain either. There may be a way to do a lot of this in 2018 already for all I know. I only started really experimenting with the DP stuff within the past year or so, but it seems like the noise reducing technique using Gerardo's set up is a bit more surgical, so I wish I could try it in 2018, to compare to the native noise filter.

The render buffers do offer some options to get at some of the noisier passes separately, but recombining them properly is another story.
    Frankly I think he really should wrap up everything in a package and sell it for a price.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    Frankly I think he really should wrap up everything in a package and sell it for a price.
    I think only he is a good enough judge of what he should do.
    fauxWaver \foʊ-wāv-er\, n. one who likes LightWave, but shuns car-anologies.

If making the DP nodes work in 2018 represents a lot of work, I wouldn't expect him to do it for fun, or donations. If it is just a bit of tweaking to get them to work, then maybe the donation model works. Most likely it does involve serious time, so charging a price, would be a logical way to move forward. Kickstarters and the like, are kind of a wishing well, and not concrete enough IMHO. I'm sure a lot of LW users would like to have the functionality in 2018, one way or another.

Not doing nothing.... Tranimatronic's Avatar
    only read the first and last pages of this thread, sorry if I missed something - but has noone seen this ?
    https://www.db-w.com/products/dbwtoo...18-for-windows

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Tranimatronic View Post
    only read the first and last pages of this thread, sorry if I missed something - but has noone seen this ?
    https://www.db-w.com/products/dbwtoo...18-for-windows
    What does this mean?:
    LightWrap++, a C++ wrapper for LightWave

Copyright (c) 2007, db&w GbR Bornemann und Wolf All rights reserved.

Is this something to help other plugin writers???
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
    I think only he is a good enough judge of what he should do.
    Of course... but that is still my opinion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast