Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DPkit and nodes. for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    snip ... But at least those who do should have the common decency to clearly state that it is indeed speculation.
    The older I get, the more value I place on being reasonable. In the course of a conversation, someone who is normally pretty good about such things may forget to add a "perhaps" or "possibly" in front of such a remark. I don't think capital punishment is warranted in such a case ... maybe just a polite reminder. And, to the point at hand, Promethus did qualify his comments with "may have ...", which serves the purpose of such a caveat in my books.

We expect a modicum of discretion here - but not perfection. Corrections having been offered, let's move along.

I suppose we will know how things turns out sooner or later
    Indeed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    The older I get, the more value I place on being reasonable. In the course of a conversation, someone who is normally pretty good about such things may forget to add a "perhaps" or "possibly" in front of such a remark. I don't think capital punishment is warranted in such a case ... maybe just a polite reminder. And, to the point at hand, Promethus did qualify his comments with "may have ...", which serves the purpose of such a caveat in my books.

We expect a modicum of discretion here - but not perfection. Corrections having been offered, let's move along.

Indeed.

we All MAY get along, but I should know better and not assume without knowing.

Understood... although I was making a general comment. It was never intended towards prometheus

Understood... although I was making a general comment. It was never intended towards prometheus
    I never took it like it was towards me from you either, so donīt worry about that..what You "May" worry about, that is that I do live not far away from you

Fun to discuss the new volumetrics with you on the other thread, I think I need to close it for today though, need to take a break and prepare for the JR Hocky world championship tonight..Swedes against Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I never took it like it was towards me from you either, so donīt worry about that..what You "May" worry about, that is that I do live not far away from you

Fun to discuss the new volumetrics with you on the other thread, I think I need to close it for today though, need to take a break and prepare for the JR Hocky world championship tonight..Swedes against Canadians.
    Hahaha ok

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I don't think capital punishment is warranted in such a case ... maybe just a polite reminder.
    Indeed. I always make general suggestions like "let's not assume things we don't know" but it's just that I couldn't include myself in the "don't know" part in this case

As commented in another thread, just hope they provide/support with the proper SDK access for the so useful Denis' plugins so that we can keep the same/as much key functionality we have in previous versions.

Gerardo

Quote Originally Posted by gerardstrada View Post
    Indeed. I always make general suggestions like "let's not assume things we don't know" but it's just that I couldn't include myself in the "don't know" part in this case

Gerardo
    I saw what you did there. Hey Gerardo, hiya liking LW 2018??

Quote Originally Posted by Julez4001 View Post
    I saw what you did there. Hey Gerardo, hiya liking LW 2018??
    Hey Julez! if you are curious, shared some first impressions in this thread:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....=1#post1531056

Gerardo

thanks for chiming in gerardo. fingers crossed they add in needed support. make em good for us
    thanks

Has anyone figured out a workflow with the new noise reduction system that is equivalent to the DP node set up? Reducing noise on the luminosity channel, but not blurring the other channels. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

straight forward, however you can't (afaik) affect e.g. luminosity only in the 'Final Render'

so you can't use it in the same way as DPont Node Image Filter

or rather, not yet...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    straight forward, however you can't (afaik) affect e.g. luminosity only in the 'Final Render'

so you can't use it in the same way as DPont Node Image Filter

or rather, not yet...
    I'm not sure but is this what you guys are looking for. Noise reduction just in the luminosity channel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noise.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	139207

Thanks,
    Jason
    VFX Artist / 3D Animator
    Animatrix Productions

Dell T7600 Dual XEON E5-2687W 3.8GHz / Dell M6700 i7 -3940XM 3.9GHz
    64GB Ram / 32GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro K5000 / Nvidia Quadro K5000M
    Windows 7 x64

yes, however, the final render will not show this

(DP Node Image Filter in LW2015 is the only way)

or, alternatively, render out images and compose in Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, however, the final render will not show this

(DP Node Image Filter in LW2015 is the only way)

or, alternatively, render out images and compose in Fusion.
    That's why I was asking. Wasn't sure if there might be a way to use the new denoiser to get a result prior to comp like with the image filter. Nodal access to the buffers? I don't know what is possible, and was hoping one of the experts like Gerardo might have some insight. I guess I need to make a noisy white room scene to make it easy to do some tests with the denoiser.

yeah, made this vid, might be of help
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gjixZPiB4g

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast