Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: DPkit and nodes. for 2018

  1. #61
    Super Member Chris S. (Fez)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,748
    The following are IMO critical features from other programs like Modo which we could accomplish with DP Kit and IFW:

    1) Apply procedurals to UVs with control over tiling

    2) Disturb a procedural with another procedural

    Any way to do these natively now or should I put in feature requests? I coulda sworn the community figured out #1 natively and posted the network but I can't find it. This forum seems to be missing some useful old threads.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Google hangouts on Friday night. Some of the fellas know him personally and that's what they were say'in.
    He's indeed extremely busy with a project now, but that's a photo of the moment, not the underlying reason. Ask yourself, why someone so extremely busy since many months now would take the time not so long ago to upgrade DP Vector Blur node with a better sample evaluation?

    which match RSMB up, it's better than Fusion Vector Motion Blur and certainly better than native LW vector Blur filter.


    Or why being so busy (which is certainly correct) would take the time to upgrade DP Histogram with new features that allows us to perform color matching within LightWave:

    Source


    Target


    Result


    Moreover, just some few months ago we developed a tool that allows us to load LUT files within DP Curve filter:

    Original


    unbounded LUT within DP Curve


    So real reason is not so simple as that.

    That's why, once again, let's hope they provide to Denis the necessary support for an eventual upgrade of his tools.



    Gerardo

  3. #63
    Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14,210

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    2) Disturb a procedural with another procedural
    ??? You mean in Surfacing?? Surely even the Layers system will do that?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psid.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	139345
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

  4. #64
    Super Member Chris S. (Fez)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    ??? You mean in Surfacing?? Surely even the Layers system will do that?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psid.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	139345
    We need it to work in a nodal network. DP node is called Deformer.

    Layer System calls it Displacement.

    IFW has extensive support.

    But yeah, sorta essential functionality. Is it in there? Might have missed. Didn't see it this morning.

  5. #65
    Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    We need it to work in a nodal network. DP node is called Deformer.

    Layer System calls it Displacement.
    Wouldn't any vector displacement, late in the chain of nodes, do this??
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

  6. #66
    Angry Mac User Otterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    834
    Gerardo, sounds like he's still busy on the Lightwave front. Fingers crossed Newtek have invested into his talent and working on something to integrate into LW itself. But hey....i'm not going to speculate any further. Just wishful thinking thats all.

  7. #67
    RETROGRADER prometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    sweden stockholm
    Posts
    13,110
    Quote Originally Posted by gerardstrada View Post
    He's indeed extremely busy with a project now, but that's a photo of the moment, not the underlying reason.
    So real reason is not so simple as that.

    That's why, once again, let's hope they provide to Denis the necessary support for an eventual upgrade of his tools.



    Gerardo
    Thanks for that insight, though you can not speak for him..it gives hope of possible future updates, and incitaments if we also help him out with support, donations etc.

    Wish he could have a new website though, someone should offer him help of that as well, canīt imagine he has the time to keep messing with both that and the plugins.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Thanks for that insight, though you can not speak for him..it gives hope of possible future updates...
    Your welcome. Yes, as you see, I'm not speaking for him. I know what has happened, but I'm not telling it, I'm just telling what has not happened, to letting know people that things are not so simple as it's being "speculated". I'm trying to promote deductive thinking instead, since we have clues based on facts about Denis' attitude related to his tools, which as you say, gives hope of possible future updates, as long as the necessary SDK support is provided.



    Gerardo

  9. #69
    Super Member Chris S. (Fez)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Wouldn't any vector displacement, late in the chain of nodes, do this??
    Doh. Any ideas or hints on how to efficiently Displace a nodal network with another nodal network?

    It makes sense that a vector setup of some kind would work but I have so far failed to mimic the DP Deformer node.

  10. #70
    Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14,210
    I'm not familiar w/that DP node-- does it reference another network entirely (like in a diff. editor?) or are you talking about a sub-network?

    AND, in general my node-fu is, at best, weak.

    I believe Sensei may have some functionality of: global values between nodal editors. I might be hallucinating that though.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

  11. #71
    Super Member Chris S. (Fez)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,748
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeformerTool.gif 
Views:	74 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	139400
    Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    I'm not familiar w/that DP node-- does it reference another network entirely (like in a diff. editor?) or are you talking about a sub-network?

    AND, in general my node-fu is, at best, weak.

    I believe Sensei may have some functionality of: global values between nodal editors. I might be hallucinating that though.
    Heya. The deformer Node allows Nodal networks can be plugged in to deform any other network within the same editor. Extremely powerful. Extremely beyond me how to precisely mimic this behavior. Here is DPont's little network sample:

  12. #72
    Globally Illuminated The Dommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Wish he could have a new website though, someone should offer him help of that as well, canīt imagine he has the time to keep messing with both that and the plugins.
    More than happy to help him with a new website....
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

    New Brace Media website

  13. #73
    Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeformerTool.gif 
Views:	74 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	139400

    Heya. The deformer Node allows Nodal networks can be plugged in to deform any other network within the same editor. Extremely powerful. Extremely beyond me how to precisely mimic this behavior. Here is DPont's little network sample:
    Well, until you get your wish, try playing with inputs to the POSITION connection:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sine.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	139414

    +++
    EDIT: Now I can't remember why I have that Bump node in there..... age....smh...
    Last edited by jeric_synergy; 01-13-2018 at 03:55 PM.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

  14. #74
    Super Member Chris S. (Fez)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,748
    Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Well, until you get your wish, try playing with inputs to the POSITION connection:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sine.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	131.6 KB 
ID:	139414

    +++
    EDIT: Now I can't remember why I have that Bump node in there..... age....smh...
    Cool. Thank you. I'll experiment farther.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •