Thread: HELP: Livetext Widget Integration for Surf competition scoreboard

HELP: Livetext Widget Integration for Surf competition scoreboard

Not a livetext guy but I know what it does. Done many events with a separate LiveText operator as I TD on TC860. We’re doing a surf competition and the graphics guy is doing it remotely. He sent us the link below as a web widget and said we could input direct into TriCaster.

Here is the link they said that'll get updated in real-time.
    http://f-ridescoremobile.com/temp/f-widget-dahui.html

How do I get this widget directly into the TC860 via internet on to NET1 or NET2 so I can add to the DSK.

I assume it needs go get input into LiveText first and then fed into the TC860 on to NET1 or NET2. Thanks in advance for any help and advice!
    Last edited by dpavid; 01-03-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Update to my own question.

The only thing I can think of is adding it directly into one of the inputs, say Camera 8 via a laptop web browser in full screen and crop out the browser. I guess we could then smash the widget into an M/E and layer it on its own stand alone input. Someone would just have to keep refreshing the browser to make sure the stats are current at all times prior to taking it live.

Or use a laptop with iVGA into NET1 or NET2 and use that way.

That’s my workaround but they told me it could go directly into TC860. Am I missing another option?

I'm guessing the plan would be to use NDI Scan Converter to take the screen with of this system and bring it into a NET input on the TC860. Then use a DSK to crop and position the input where you want it on the screen.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thats the current plan unless there's a more effective way to do it. This solution does work however.

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    I did a bunch of Spartan Races last year and they had a web based stat page. I brought it in via NDI Scan Converter then placed on ME I then cropped the input on the ME. I kept the input itself as full page to view it easier. This way I could make sure it was full screen. They had a few web pages of stats so I alternated the different “looks” on ME’s
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Thanks. That's exactly what we did.

I think this web page was designed to work with OBS. If you start up OBS and enter the link into a 'BrowserSource' it appears with alpha channel inside OBS. Unfortunately, OBS doesn't output alpha channel, but it is still a good way to get just the web interface with none of the 'interface' into TriCaster.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.