Thread: TC1 Network video streams

TC1 Network video streams

Hello,

Is it possible to open Network video stream (like HTTP, UDP) on TC1? On Newtek website I found page that indicate that old Tricaster Advanced Edition can do that but I can't find any info about TC1.

Best Regards,
    Dmitry

Quote Originally Posted by ddv2005 View Post
    Hello,

Is it possible to open Network video stream (like HTTP, UDP) on TC1? On Newtek website I found page that indicate that old Tricaster Advanced Edition can do that but I can't find any info about TC1.

Best Regards,
    Dmitry
    On the TC1 the IP outputs are NDI (always available) or RTMP (via streaming output). There is software (NDI Transmit) to take the NDI output can turn it into a virtual webcam that will allow you to get it into many application on another system if they aren't NDI enabled. You can download a trial version of NDI Transmit if you want to test it. https://www.newtek.com/software/transmit/
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi,

But how about HTTP streams like on old tricaster https://www.newtek.com/blog/tips/how...n-a-tricaster/ ?
    Because we have several HTTP MPEGTS streams that coming from remote studios. As I understand on old tricaster is possible to get this streams directly from tricaster without any additional conversion.

For anything that isn't NDI, you would need to use a tool to convert NDI into the IP format needed. That is where the NDI Transmit could come in, you could feed it into VLC Player and then have VLC Player stream out the HTTP MPEGTS information. Also, FFMPEG v3.4 has NDI support, it should be possible to have it convert NDI into MPEGTS directly.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

Actually I need reverse conversion to NDI. I tried ffmpeg to convert streams to NDI but it have huge delay even on UDP streams (more than 2 seconds)

Dmitry

I think you need Connect Pro.(UDP RTMP TS...)

Yes I know but I ask because looks like old tricaster can do it directly without Connect pro.

Older TriCaster's were limited to two NET inputs and one network output which allowed for some other IP formats. With NDI you can do many more inputs and outputs, but they have to be NDI. If you need other IP formats, use another computer's resources to do the conversion.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.