Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New video training for 2018

I received an email with the same message and towards the end there is a link
    to purchase. It lead me to a Paypal login page directly without any details or sign up info.
    Could this be someone phishing your offer? I don't see any sign up or purchase link from your
    link here. Just making sure the email I received is legit.

I'd prefer you make the offer through a link here.

Never trust mails unless you know whom it is from. When in doubt, check the raw mail text, and look for the return address, scammers never have valid mails. They typically point to some never heard of server. That said, what offer are you talking about? If it is LW, then it is handled right on their page.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    That won't work. Because the intensity can be greater than that. Also you will affect the intensity in a bad way. You need to use python to write a script that handles it properly. There just aren't enough nodes to handle that case.
    Why are you trying to predict the future with unfunded and authoritative statements while the past already shown it is working perfectly fine without the drawbacks you've just invented ?

At the very least show us an example where this does not work and we can have a constructive discussion from there.
    guy rabiller | radfac founder/ceo | raa.tel | French Lightwavers & Studios List

Never trust mails unless you know whom it is from. When in doubt, check the raw mail text, and look for the return address, scammers never have valid mails. They typically point to some never heard of server. That said, what offer are you talking about? If it is LW, then it is handled right on their page.
    It's RebelHill's offer. Email was from C. Monins. I believe this is legit but quite unusual that email links directly to paypal without any purchase page. Just clarifying and if it's not legit I hope it creates an awareness here.

Edit: OK I checked the details and strangely it was addressed to admin@rebelhill.net and not to my email address. But somehow it came into my inbox ........ twice.
    Last edited by Astrocom; 01-02-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by allabulle View Post
    Having all RH products but no e-mail here either. I'd like to join the EB too. Maybe they're on the way?
    I have some, but not all. Haven't seen the email yet, mighta got filtered.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    I have some, but not all. Haven't seen the email yet, mighta got filtered.
    It's also possible he's away from his internet access for some reason. I jumped in on his Nodes training offer yesterday afternoon and have yet to receive a download link to the videos and content...but he still has another 4 hours before the 'normally made available in 24 hours' deadline runs out

It's also possible he is just snowed under with email requests
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by grabiller View Post
    Why are you trying to predict the future with unfunded and authoritative statements while the past already shown it is working perfectly fine without the drawbacks you've just invented ?

At the very least show us an example where this does not work and we can have a constructive discussion from there.
    How about actually trying the code you just posted on an area light like RebelHill was talking about in the video. It doesn't work... :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAWorkaround.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	139103

It will work in one case only, and this is because the number you are using only works for that case:

Name:	AAWorkaround2.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	139104

So again... you need proper code to solve this. It is the only way to handle all cases.
    Last edited by MichaelT; 01-03-2018 at 04:34 AM.

How about actually trying the code you just posted on an area light like RebelHill was talking about in the video. It doesn't work... :

Name:	AAWorkaround.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	139103

It will work in one case only, and this is because the number you are using only works for that case:

Name:	AAWorkaround2.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	139104

So again... you need proper code to solve this. It is the only way to handle all cases.
    You realize that the 0.0001 value was given as en example, right ? Or are you acting stupid on purpose ?

I said: "By setting the right value for the True parameter of the Logic Node then ../.." which obviously mean you have to adjust this parameter depending on the intensity of your light. It is not automatic, you have to set the right value.

Of course with a 3.0k light intensity as in the RebelHill example you wont use 0.0001, but a much higher value. And it will definitively work.

So again.. stop saying it is not working while trolling and not settings things up properly.

It is not trolling.. if you present a solution.. then it should be a solution where people don't have to remember what value they set things to. If you think this is a good solution... great.. but having a scene with hundreds of lights.. then this very quickly becomes a problem. But if you don't want to see that.. fine.

I presented a workaround to a specific issue. Whether it's one click or not, automatic or not is irrelevant. You start frorm there then adapt it to your needs. The point is that the issue can be addressed directly in the Node Editor with this workaround without resorting to post process.

Then you don't insert yourself into the discussion by simply saying "it does not work" yet giving false arguments. That's not helping and that certainly does not help peoples.

But if you knew better you would know this workaround could be automated up to some point by using the light intensity parameter value which is accessible through a node information. I did not used it because in my case I have some situations where the value needed to counteract the intensity goes below floating point precision in which case you have to do things manually. This will need a bit of elbow grease which is something that seems to have disappeared nowadays.
    Last edited by grabiller; 01-03-2018 at 05:41 AM.

...This will need a bit of elbow grease which is something that seems to have disappeared nowadays.
    That is true
    Last edited by MichaelT; 01-03-2018 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    It's also possible he's away from his internet access for some reason. I jumped in on his Nodes training offer yesterday afternoon and have yet to receive a download link to the videos and content...but he still has another 4 hours before the 'normally made available in 24 hours' deadline runs out

It's also possible he is just snowed under with email requests
    Links now received, so off to play...er...study them diligently
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madno View Post
    Does it include info about how to setup, shade and render FiberFX?
    There'll be a couple small bits on the FFX shader (hair shader), but FFX overall is a whole topic unto itself (and, as many of us know, can be a bit unruly, there's probably a reason no one has really done an authoratitive giude to FFX before now).

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle66 View Post
    Is this VFX Project Part of this ?
    Sure, that's one of the large project videos, start to finish of the BB shot (not including modeling, since its a downloaded mesh/testure set, nor animation, cos, well, there's nothing fancy there). But all surfacing, scene setup, lighting, optimisation, rendering, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocom View Post
    Just making sure the email I received is legit. I'd prefer you make the offer through a link here.
    It's legit, the link goes straight to the paypal site (its basically a "buy now" button in link form). It's emailed out as the early bird is an existing customer exclusive, rather than a public offering.

Additionally, for those who've mentioned not having received an email, I've heard from some of you, just gonna be sending details out now, for the others, drop me an email if you've not done so already so I'll know who to respond to.

Also, links for the RHN stuff are ofc going out straight away... the "early bird block" of vids from the new rendering series will be going out in the next couple days... just a got a few updates and re-edits to do to account for some lil things in the final release version we now have.

Cheers all.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    GI Tutorial On cmiVFX
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    [LSR-LW Foundations 09 - Dynamic Range]... Hi Craig... "stuff"
    Sure, you can indeed muddle around with the "in image" intensity of the light whilst having no effect on the amount of lighting it casts into the scene, that can be one way to worm around the issue. Ofc, avoiding the use of "limit dynamic range" is only important in cases where you want to be able to do tonemapping, or perhaps some heavy re-exposure in post. If you're intending to go with (more or less) what you get in the final render output, then you're jsut as well using LDR. But it's on the former case, wanting to re-expose in post, that you may then run into a problem with your method, as the light as it appears in image, no longer has the "correct" brightness, and so that may scupper you there.

There are a few work arounds you can do in LW (or other renderers) to try and fix certain aspects of this is different ways to suit one situation or another... but it always falls back to how much re-exposure you want/need in post later. For the most part, this has it's greatest level of importance in vfx pipelines, where you're needing to integrate your cg elements with live action ones. In such situations, the ideal workflow is not to bother with dynamic range fixing in the 3d app, but rather to break everything into as many parts/passes as you can, you can then assemble them in comp, and do any post effect AA there after you've properly matched to your live plate elements, at which point it also becomes unimportant what the "over-exposed" elements are... lights, surfaces, voxels... its all just pixels at that point, and so the workflow you use there you can use on everything. It may be little quicker in terms of the time to do/prep a single one off shot, but repeated for shot after shot after shot it certainly becomes more productive and efficient handled that way.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    GI Tutorial On cmiVFX
    YT Vids Tuts for all

I just got your nodal training and am looking forward to learning. The only complaint I have is the US dollar is not what it used to be LOL

Just kidding. No complaints and thank you for your training.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast