Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New video training for 2018

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar

Cool New video training for 2018

Hello all.

So, I just wanted to bring to your attention my new training series for LightWave... Lighting, Shading and Rendering in 2018!

The first chapter, Foundations (plus a couple lil extras) is available for viewing now on my YouTube channel... A little over 3.5 hours of all new content to fill you in on the basic fundamentals of the new LightWave way.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...MnKF7-4W84I5Tz

Great I hear you cry, so where's the rest of it? It's coming, much is done, much is yet to be done (yes, it's another deep and complete training series from me), and it will be along towards the end of the month/start of next.

I am, in the meantime, having an early bird special exclusively for existing RH customers, where early access to the series thus far (which includes some of the more important areas of the new renderer and the tricks and techniques for getting the best out of it), which comes with an EB discount for those customers. If you are such a folk, you should have had the email giving you the details, if you haven't so received and want to know, let me know.

Also, you may have noticed that with it's new system LightWave has gone more over to the nodal side of things now, so in addition to this enw series, I've also made a permanent price reduction to my nodal training series...

http://rebelhill.net/html/rhn.html

Now only £20, and a bargain. I know many of you have had this series and gained much from it, but for those who haven't and now are seeing the need to get up to speed on such things, then it's even easier (and cheaper) than ever now.

So there we go, I do hope if nothing else you like the foundations section fo this new training and that it gives you something of a helpful leg up in getting to grips with the new renderer, it's principles and workings. Trust me, one you get a handle on using it, you are going to love it.

Cheers all.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    GI Tutorial On cmiVFX
    YT Vids Tuts for all

I am superbly looking forward to this! Thank you for creating this tutorial and it was a great introduction.

Does it include info about how to setup, shade and render FiberFX?
    Tried a simple FFX scene yesterday with not so good result.

Looking forward to this release. Your other stuff is superb !

I signed up and look forward to your videos. Thanks much!

Hey there,

that is very cool, i wonder what is about this VFX Serie / Lessons: "LSR-LW Projects - BB Droid Final Render"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku25iCqnPFw

Is this VFX Project Part of this ?

I have the rhn tutorials which are excellent - clear and concise. I can't see where I can sign up for the new series on the web site however ("having an early bird special exclusively for existing RH customers, where early access to the series thus far").

Most cool, Craig. Your stuff is up there with what I consider the gold standard of video instruction. Count me in.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

"iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis
    Synology DS412+

Cool tutorials. How do you drag data colors using only the mouse pointer?
    http://soundcloud.com/pass-sword
    from now the kingdom of God is preached, and every effort goes into it

Having all RH products but no e-mail here either. I'd like to join the EB too. Maybe they're on the way?
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Cool tutorials. How do you drag data colors using only the mouse pointer?
    Right-Click on the source color, then CTRL + Right-Click on the destination color.

Quote Originally Posted by allabulle View Post
    Having all RH products but no e-mail here either. I'd like to join the EB too. Maybe they're on the way?
    Same here.

Looks great, RH !
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

[LSR-LW Foundations 09 - Dynamic Range]

Hi Craig,

Regarding the anti-aliasing issue for visible lights that have HDR Intensity resulting in image color values way beyond 1.0/255 and indeed resulting in aliased edges of the visible lights, there is a workaround that can be applied in the Light node editor:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hdrlightaa-workaround.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	139089

When the light ray hits the camera its direction is always a null vector so we can detect this and apply a factor to the "Luminaire Color" (which in fact is a multiplier not the actual Color). This does not affect the object illumination, just the visible light surface.

By setting the right value for the True parameter of the Logic Node then it is possible to reduce the resulting color of the visible light surface near 255 and then have proper antialiasing. This works only for the surface of visible lights, not for the surface of illuminated objects but this might be convenient in case the light is far enough so the illuminated objects surfaces colors are in range while the light surface color goes crazy.

For the antialiasing of the object surface highlights in case the light is very strong, even if you do not activate the "Limit Dynamic Range" option you can still use the "HDR Filtering" options (especially Gaussian) which can help considerably. But this wont help for the visible light surfaces.

By using the HDR Filtering option for objects surfaces strong highlights and the light node editor trick shown above I believe it is possible to solve any antialiasing issues whith HDR lighting without the need to resort to the "Limit Dynamic Range" option or go for post-process workaround.
    guy rabiller | radfac founder/ceo | raa.tel | French Lightwavers & Studios List

What happens exactly? EDIT: Never mind.. watched that video.
    Last edited by MichaelT; 01-02-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Great to see.
    No email, either.
    I'll be getting in on this.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by grabiller View Post
    [LSR-LW Foundations 09 - Dynamic Range]

Hi Craig,

Regarding the anti-aliasing issue for visible lights that have HDR Intensity resulting in image color values way beyond 1.0/255 and indeed resulting in aliased edges of the visible lights, there is a workaround that can be applied in the Light node editor:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hdrlightaa-workaround.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	139089

When the light ray hits the camera its direction is always a null vector so we can detect this and apply a factor to the "Luminaire Color" (which in fact is a multiplier not the actual Color). This does not affect the object illumination, just the visible light surface.

By setting the right value for the True parameter of the Logic Node then it is possible to reduce the resulting color of the visible light surface near 255 and then have proper antialiasing. This works only for the surface of visible lights, not for the surface of illuminated objects but this might be convenient in case the light is far enough so the illuminated objects surfaces colors are in range while the light surface color goes crazy.

For the antialiasing of the object surface highlights in case the light is very strong, even if you do not activate the "Limit Dynamic Range" option you can still use the "HDR Filtering" options (especially Gaussian) which can help considerably. But this wont help for the visible light surfaces.

By using the HDR Filtering option for objects surfaces strong highlights and the light node editor trick shown above I believe it is possible to solve any antialiasing issues whith HDR lighting without the need to resort to the "Limit Dynamic Range" option or go for post-process workaround.
    That won't work. Because the intensity can be greater than that. Also you will affect the intensity in a bad way. You need to use python to write a script that handles it properly. There just aren't enough nodes to handle that case.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast