Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Love the new docs.lightwave3d.com! Great Job BeeVee & Co!

I have to agree with vncnt,

First i taught it is because of my connection speed but the pages load really much slower than anticipated.

I apologize for criticizing and i only mean to makes it even better or nearly perfect.

I have looked through some of the online docs and also notice the delay in displaying the particular page.

I was trying to view the tutorial videos on how to use the command port but you cannot expand the videos to full-screen and it's difficult to see the text being shown in the videos!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Be sure to use the link at the bottom of every page to report bugs. Not so much here.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I agree, a wiki format makes much more sense and better suits an evolving application. The search function works solidly as well; I had no problem looking up information on things.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave
    IKB manual

Only had a few views in the docs, itīs extremely slow to load..and I just canīt tolerate waiting for them to load unfortunately, I hope this somehow can get better, otherwise..try and put it down in another format as well.
    will check again, maybe it during certain periods becomes overloaded with traffic? especially right now after release?

Atlassian Confluence (the engine behind this documentation) can export PDF if the administrator enables it.

I like the docs.. very good. But like I posted earlier.. I would like to have a local copy, as I'm not always able to use internet. I would care less if that version is out of date, too. But I don't know if that's possible. I do know that confluence can export to pdf however, which certainly is good enough for me at least. But like I said.. I don't know how you guys at LWG feels about it?

Traitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    I like the docs.. very good. But like I posted earlier.. I would like to have a local copy, as I'm not always able to use internet. I would care less if that version is out of date, too. But I don't know if that's possible. I do know that confluence can export to pdf however, which certainly is good enough for me at least. But like I said.. I don't know how you guys at LWG feels about it?
    Confluence will export single pages as PDF. To export the entire space you need space privileges.

M.
    If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out - T.Minchin

I think they have all the rights they need. I'm thinking they could do an export. Not give the right to us. I suspect that would be quite taxing on their server

Visualization FreeLance THIBAULT's Avatar
    Please ! PDF !

Quote Originally Posted by gclayton View Post
    I have looked through some of the online docs and also notice the delay in displaying the particular page.

I was trying to view the tutorial videos on how to use the command port but you cannot expand the videos to full-screen and it's difficult to see the text being shown in the videos!
    You can always hit the YouTube button to watch the video on YouTube itself, or the fullscreen button at the bottom right of each video.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 960 (388.59, 4GB and 1024 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

I understand that several people on this thread would like a PDF version of the docs, but they aren't quite as simple or linear as the previous documentation. If I remember correctly, we did do an experiment with pdf output, but the result was not only pretty ugly, but also because the docs are not paginated like the previous manual was, there are pages of mainly wasted space or ones consisting of a picture and so on. The PDF from Confluence is not going to look like the 2015 docs where the look was not a secondary consideration. Furthermore, the animations I put for many things are designed to aid comprehension, and won't be included in a PDF version.

Just so you know...

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 960 (388.59, 4GB and 1024 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

To be honest, I could live with that Something is better than nothing in a pinch.

Another vote/request for a downloadable PDF version.

Also, as pointed out in another thread, the Docs do not function properly when opened on iPad (possibly all iOS-based Safari).
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

I prefer the online version, much more adequate for an evolving application.

If there's a pdf should be parsed automatically, without giving extra work to doc's maintainers. Something like LaTeX

Regards.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast