Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Love the new docs.lightwave3d.com! Great Job BeeVee & Co!

Love the new docs.lightwave3d.com! Great Job BeeVee & Co!

Have been poking around https://docs.lightwave3d.com/ all night and this morning and just wanted to say great job to BeeVee and the Lightwave / NewTek crew for moving to the new ehelp platform.

Especially excited because, having the pleasure of using Confluence for my day-gig, I know how easy it can be to update! Super stoked to see where it goes from here, especially with the quick examples. I used this one last night: https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display...mitive+Emitter and there's loads of other great ones in there.

I'm glad we're all on the hunt for bugs and offering positive feedback for changes. Thanks for the great communication and setting the foundation for success!

Yay! Pleased you like it. I have beaten my head against the wall several times with how stupid Confluence seems to me at times, but in the main I think it has turned out okay. It will be interesting to see how things turn out with more than one version on it...

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 960 (388.59, 4GB and 1024 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Woooow. I still have not had a through review on the documentation and i simply clicked one of the links on your post via my phone and it is fantastic on small phone screen.

Dear Beeve, i think you are going to recieve lots of complain coming from insomania community so until then accept my sincere thanks.

Looked at the doc's and came across a minor error. The text mentions an image of the Cow and it's of the Alien Emissary. Don't recall the page ATM. Otherwise, so far it's looking excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    Looked at the doc's and came across a minor error. The text mentions an image of the Cow and it's of the Alien Emissary. Don't recall the page ATM. Otherwise, so far it's looking excellent!

I saw that too, it's here.

Getting Started with Layout - LightWave’s Virtual World

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	78 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	139049

The docs are seriously top notch. Well done BV!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I haven't upgraded yet, but linked thru to take a peek, and that is a wonderfully clean design. Well done!

I hope more examples can easily be added to the online Help. A centralized, official place to find them is A Good Thing.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Visualization FreeLance THIBAULT's Avatar
    Perfect ! But i need printing all the manual and isn't possible !

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by THIBAULT View Post
    Perfect ! But i need printing all the manual and isn't possible !
    Why? ---You're the second France resident longing for a PDF or printed manual, quest que faire la ba?

+++

Maybe LWG can put it on a thumbdrive for everybody at U$50.
    Last edited by jeric_synergy; 01-02-2018 at 01:34 AM.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I'd like a PDF manual too
    Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16 Cores - 32 Threads / 2 x GTX Titan + 1 GTX 1070 / Windows 10 x64 / 32 Go Ram / LW2018 & Softimage user

It takes 8 ... 12 seconds to load a new page and 1 ... 3 seconds to uncollapse a menu item.
    This is not practical at all.

Also, the Reference feels incomplete.

Thank you for your positive comments Please be sure to click on the bug report link at the bottom of the page if you spot something amiss. There are also user-contributed tutorials in the appendices, so feel free to contact me if you have a tutorial to add...

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 960 (388.59, 4GB and 1024 CUDA cores)
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (306.97 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

I like this new documentation. Good job.

Visualization FreeLance THIBAULT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    Thank you for your positive comments Please be sure to click on the bug report link at the bottom of the page if you spot something amiss. There are also user-contributed tutorials in the appendices, so feel free to contact me if you have a tutorial to add...

B
    Hi Ben and thank, very good work ! Possibility to have this manual in PDF ? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post

B
    The manual looks nice.
    But the interaction is extremely slow. It's not something to make jokes about when time=money.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast