Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightwave2018 Plugins List (Tested)

what, there is no x32? that’s going to break a few useful plugins in modeller.

does anyone know how to get a hold of pictrix for x64 plugins, paid and free?
    Last edited by gar26lw; 12-18-2017 at 11:31 PM.

quote from steve hurley

"UP is working in LW2018 but AP is not and will take some work. UP for LW2018 is a separate plugin but it will be a free update for current UP owners and should be available when LW2018 launches."

see here http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....=1#post1528543
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

DP Sun/Sky and all DP kit ect...?

Is it not the case that OS support for 32but is being dumped anyway, it is on the Mac with High Sierra and most likely in Windows 10, I doubt if NT have any option but to follow suit and dump it to, for now you can run old versions of LW in 32bit but I would think at some point as OS's progress you won't even be able to fire them up without running a legacy OS too.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    what, there is no x32? that’s going to break a few useful plugins in modeller.

does anyone know how to get a hold of pictrix for x64 plugins, paid and free?
    The last 32-bit version of 3dsMax was 2014... think it's probably a good time to drop 32-bit support.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by gerry_g View Post
    Is it not the case that OS support for 32but is being dumped anyway, it is on the Mac with High Sierra and most likely in Windows 10, I doubt if NT have any option but to follow suit and dump it to, for now you can run old versions of LW in 32bit but I would think at some point as OS's progress you won't even be able to fire them up without running a legacy OS too.
    No way Microsoft would dump 32bit app support. They would lose on the enterprise level and that's huge. Apple can do what it wants their os has little market share.

Quote Originally Posted by Wireframex View Post
    Sadly, no. IFW textures are invaluable. NewTek should approach the developer and try to make a deal if not recruit him as a contractor. This is a huge loss for Lightwave.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    No way Microsoft would dump 32bit app support. They would lose on the enterprise level and that's huge. Apple can do what it wants their os has little market share.
    I think you miss the point. Sure, they support 32bit apps, but they are dropping making further 32bit OSes. The only reason to release 32bit software is run it on 32bit OSes (not to support 3rd party plug-ins).
    Sure, there maybe a few people still with older machines (I can see one from where I sit), but it just becomes a support headache. If you need to use 32bit plug-ins, you likely already have an earlier version of LightWave.
    fauxWaver \foʊ-wāv-er\, n. one who likes LightWave, but shuns car-anologies.

Quote Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
    I think you miss the point.
    I get your point. That wasn't it though. Was talking about os 32bit,MS will not drop it anytime soon nor 32bit app support.

3d appz should go 64 bit all the way of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    Sadly, no. IFW textures are invaluable. NewTek should approach the developer and try to make a deal if not recruit him as a contractor. This is a huge loss for Lightwave.
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

They don't work in 2018... I suppose that makes sense.
    I hope he's interested in updating his software.
    Robert
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert@ISD View Post
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert
    As of now, he will not be updating. Again, huge loss for Lightwave. NewTek should try to contract him directly like luxology did for their procedurals

Quote Originally Posted by Robert@ISD View Post
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert
    well that's interesting, i would have thought the could have still worked as they are procedural textures and not shaders, so surely they could have been available as texture nodes?
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    Very sad ...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast