Thread: TriCaster Remote Control Port

Exclamation TriCaster Remote Control Port

Just curious if anyone on here would happen to know what port TriCaster uses to listen for TCP remote control commands (triggering macros). I use CharacterWorks as a CG and since I updated my TriCaster to 5-1-... I am no longer able to trigger macros from CharacterWorks. I used to be able to do it on port 5950 but now the TriCaster seems to reject that port. I have been trying a bunch of others but I don't have the NewTek Developer SDK info so I'm just shooting in the dark trying to find a port that will accept the commands. I have used netstat to see what ports are being used on the TriCaster and such but I still can't figure out what ports are for what. I have also tried using telnet to get into the 5950 port from the CharacterWorks computer and it won't connect. But if I telnet to 5951, it connects but it won't trigger macros. Can't tell if this is a NewTek or a CharacterWorks issue. I am in contact with both but am waiting responses and need an answer ASAP.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Austin
    Last edited by austinminn; 12-18-2017 at 01:17 PM.

In my web application I can use either port 80 or port 5952 to send REST API commands. I'm not sure if CharacterWorks is using the same API (but I think they would be).
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Got a reply from CharacterWorks this morning with a quick patch. For some reason it seems that TriCaster port 5950 (what CharacterWorks used for its "remote control"), is no longer open in the most recent update (5-1-171027). They switched it to 5951 in the protocol and now it works just fine.