Thread: DataLink "Network" function

DataLink "Network" function

We have NewTek Datalink running on a Windows 10 laptop along with the standalone version of LiveText. We also have Daktronics DSTI and DakStats Basketball running on a Windows 7 machine. On the laptop that has Datalink on it, I can see the data that the DSTI laptop is broadcasting to the network but I'm not sure how I can utilize it. I put in the correct IP address and port for datalink to monitor but when I go to LiveText, there isn't any scoreboard data.

We also have an All Sport CG and that works to get data but I'm trying to use DakStats & DSTI to do it instead. Am I out of luck or is there just something that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gkruse View Post
    We have NewTek Datalink running on a Windows 10 laptop along with the standalone version of LiveText
    Can you clear this up a bit for me? When you say you have DataLink running on a laptop, what are you referring to? DatALink isn't a standalone application. LiveText does include a small "Configure DataLink Settings" application - is that what you are referring to?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I guess that is what I'm referring to. On my laptop that has LiveText on it, there is an application called DataLink 3.5 and that is what I'm talking about.

When you run this DataLink app does it open a window that looks like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DataLink.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	138886
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes, and then I went to the network option and put in the ip address and port.

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Page 50 of the stand alone LiveText manual explains that you use the serial not network to grab scoreboard data into Datalink. I think if you can get the IP data into a virtual com port program, that this could get your IP converted to serial data via this virtual com port and then chosing this com port in Datalink. Maybe something like Com Port Director by Lantronix http://www.lantronix.com/products/com-port-redirector/
    I personally have not done this but in theory it may work.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

The Datalink network function is for RSS feeds, it will not connect to scoreboard systems.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    Page 50 of the stand alone LiveText manual explains that you use the serial not network to grab scoreboard data into Datalink. I think if you can get the IP data into a virtual com port program, that this could get your IP converted to serial data via this virtual com port and then chosing this com port in Datalink. Maybe something like Com Port Director by Lantronix http://www.lantronix.com/products/com-port-redirector/
    I personally have not done this but in theory it may work.
    This is precisely what I do with our Daktronics feed and it works great. The only issues I encounter with it seem to be under 1 minute left in a period when the 1/10ths of a second are showing and the shot clock is still active (sometimes the data lags because it is trying to send all of this at once).
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)
    JVC GY-HM600 & JVC GY‑HM620U
    Livetext with LTscoreboards2 (Datalink from Daktronics AllSportCG)

Yes, and then I went to the network option and put in the ip address and port.
    Going out of our AllSport CG we use a Serial Device Server to convert the data from serial to a network feed. We set that as a TCP Server. Then from the ethernet switch connecting the Tricaster we connect another Serial Device Server set up as a TCP Client. Out of the second device we run a Serial to USB cable into the Tricaster. It automatically creates a COM port.
    You have to convert the network data back to serial for LiveText/Datalink to see it.
    Mike Riley
    Tri-City Storm and Viaero Center
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelariley/

Quote Originally Posted by TriCityStorm View Post
    You have to convert the network data back to serial for LiveText/Datalink to see it.
    Or a virtual serial port (like the Lantronix software Jose linked to)
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)

Quote Originally Posted by GThomas View Post
    This is precisely what I do with our Daktronics feed and it works great. The only issues I encounter with it seem to be under 1 minute left in a period when the 1/10ths of a second are showing and the shot clock is still active (sometimes the data lags because it is trying to send all of this at once).
    Can you explain how you get this to work? I downloaded that software from lantronix but can't figure out what to do to get it to work.

Thanks!

Can you explain how you get this to work? I downloaded that software from lantronix but can't figure out what to do to get it to work.

Thanks!
    Which Lantronix device gateway are you using to send serial data?
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)

Quote Originally Posted by GThomas View Post
    Which Lantronix device gateway are you using to send serial data?
    So I'm completely new to this and don't really understand your question. I have a Lantronix UDS 1100, is that what you are looking for?

I found it to be somewhat confusing, but I found this video to be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvveY0a4tv4. For the TCP port, our server was 10001, but the UDS series may be different. Let me know if that works for you!
    Gabe Thomas

Gear Used:
    Tricaster Mini (AE)