Thread: Live Text NDI Issue

Live Text NDI Issue

All,

I have been having an issue with Livetext and the newtek support had no suggestions to help so I thought I would see if anybody else might have a solution.

In our basketball/volleyball arena we have daktronics scoreboards and are bringing data into Livetext using data link on a laptop that has livetext on it. The main time runs fine on that laptop but somewhere between the laptop and our tricaster an issue occurs. When the time is under a minute the time jumps (it goes from 6.9 to 5.4 for example instead of showing 6.9,6.8,6.7,ect). Both the tricaster 460 AE2 and Livetext 3 are up to date and have enough bandwidth. The issue (jumping or frames dropping maybe) doesn't seem to occur when sending a desktop from another computer to another tricaster input using NDI. Newtek said they have never seen this before and had no suggestions besides their typical troubleshooting attempts which I had already tried. Thanks in advance for any help in solving this issue.

John

You might want to tape into one of your neighbors, Jeff Pulera, up there in Kenosha.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

P.S. We're having the next Chicago/Midwest TriCaster users group meeting and holiday party on Monday 12/18. Would love to have you come down: https://www.newtek.com/events/chicago-holiday-mixer/

I had something similar, but different happen to me. This won't help you, but when I was running DataLink directly on the TriCaster with Advanced Edition I had the exact same problem. When I had the graphic in a title bin everything was fine until you hit the "under a minute" threshold. Then it did the same thing you experienced. NewTek had me switch it to a buffer instead of a graphics bin and that got the performance back up. I doubt they are related at all, but it is a similar looking problem.

I'll try and duplicate your problem the next time I've got an AllSport in front of me. I the mean time, if you haven't already you should file a bug report on it.

https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Kris
    TriCaster: 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    CG: LiveText2 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5 (SDI & ATEM with Tactical Fiber)
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Have you tried using a different laptop with LiveText?
    Just trying to figure out if it's a network issue or a laptop issue.