Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 2018 Announcement - Discussion Thread

I would like to see video's of the new modifier stack and the new modeller tools. Can you animate lattice deformers etc like with the japanese plugin? More video's or a launch presentation showing of the features.

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    Can anyone chime in on T4D and 3rd Powers compatibility?
    I am pretty sure I saw jascha himself stating it would be compatible with the next lighwave version, not T4D though...Only turbulenceFD.
    and I think it has been mentioned the same with 3rd powers as well.

What I try to dig out except for the compability, that is if the sdk now allows for jascha to implement particle advection, compability alone with the next releaase of lightwave will still not make me get it, unless that issue is adressed, unfortunately he hasn´t responded to answer that question on his own forum.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    It's difficult.

Way before all this 2016/17/18, In fact since about 11.0, I've been saying that LW needed to stop and fix major issues if it was ever going to have a future and hence, I've never been frustrated by the time it took to get the new release out of the door. However I've been very annoyed about LW3DG/Newtek and their attitude to their paying customers. Firstly the whole LW2015 issue, which really should have been 11.7, especially as it has many buggy and unreliable features on OSX, it was not worthy of a paid upgrade. Secondly the whole lack of communication over the past two years, say no more, it's all been repeated to death already.

So, now we have a new LW. Looks okay, and has a reasonable upgrade price. Does it have many features I want? Not on the surface, but that's not a major issue, I always knew that would take time. But if I'm going to re-invest in LW, rather than continuing down the route of, erm, other tools, (by your command, oh great Moderator! ), I need to know where it's going.

Donneta, by all means don't dwell on the past, but do learn from it, and never do things that way again.
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Is there a rounded edge shader is Lightwave 2018?

Oliver's OD Tools are just amazing for 2018, It will really change the way we work and give us a lot of improvements!

https://vimeo.com/album/4335852/video/246048622
    http://nitelightstudios.com/

Graphxs@sbcglobal.net

Tony Prohl
    Director of Art and Design
    DGN Games

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Not on the surface, but that's not a major issue, I always knew that would take time. But if I'm going to re-invest in LW, rather than continuing down the route of, erm, other tools, (by your command, oh great Moderator! ), I need to know where it's going.
    Thanks. We don't need to be silly about this, mind you. There's a point at which it becomes clear that someone is really only here any more to promote another product. That's not what the forums are for, as the forum policy makes clear.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    It's difficult.

Way before all this 2016/17/18, In fact since about 11.0, I've been saying that LW needed to stop and fix major issues if it was ever going to have a future and hence, I've never been frustrated by the time it took to get the new release out of the door. However I've been very annoyed about LW3DG/Newtek and their attitude to their paying customers. Firstly the whole LW2015 issue, which really should have been 11.7, especially as it has many buggy and unreliable features on OSX, it was not worthy of a paid upgrade. Secondly the whole lack of communication over the past two years, say no more, it's all been repeated to death already.

So, now we have a new LW. Looks okay, and has a reasonable upgrade price. Does it have many features I want? Not on the surface, but that's not a major issue, I always knew that would take time. But if I'm going to re-invest in LW, rather than continuing down the route of, erm, other tools, (by your command, oh great Moderator! ), I need to know where it's going.

Donneta, by all means don't dwell on the past, but do learn from it, and never do things that way again.
    Always ask for a roadmap..

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    , I also think it would be a good idea for the Lightwave team and marketing to actually give a sort of road map hint on what will be priority for the updates that isn´t there in this release, and actually put that up for discussion before the upgrade offer is closed.

Cel shaded Hulk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hulk_cel_wallpaper.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	724.4 KB 
ID:	138800  
    "A software bug is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways."

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Always ask for a roadmap..
    Yeah, I'm just getting caught up on the other threads!
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

As stated...let's forget the past and look to the future.

How about a future roadmap?

Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    Keep reading, you're eventually going to come on my related comment on this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

2015>2018 Mat conversion sample

2018 workflow for converting 2015 to 2018 works pretty good. It will take sometime to tweak the materials to take advantage of PBR, but the conversion tool will get ya there faster!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samplemat.png 
Views:	681 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	138802
    http://nitelightstudios.com/

Graphxs@sbcglobal.net

Tony Prohl
    Director of Art and Design
    DGN Games

Just curious.... may I ask for a roadmap?
    If you are not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    As stated...let's forget the past and look to the future.

just look back and you may actually see the future, the road goes back and forth..it does however require an ability to analyze the road backwards and forwards...ehh, I think I actiaööu can see my bed ahead in my road map right now.. based on that very comment I just made.

Some might have expected me to be on the offensive.

Seriously happy some news has arrived at last. I'm liking what I see so far and I feel a lot has gone into this next release.

I'm not going to rain on anyone's parade, imagine turning up for work everyday and having piles of angst thrown at you day in day out?

You see, I have read some honest feedback from developers. This feature is not in yet but this part is being worked on etc. I like the open dialogue.

To the new VP, share with us going forward a road map. Share your ups and downs, share your troubles as well as the good things happening. Explain delays and issues, but show some works in progress so we can grasp some of the tangibles and let us ride the journey together, don't be separated.

Honesty and openness, even if it might not be all be that is expected is worth more to me than any smoke and mirrors.

Godspeed. LW3DG.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast