Thread: I just got this message on a live stream

I just got this message on a live stream

I am trying to stream on NFHS Network like I always have. I just got a message that says RTMP Socket Buf_Fil recv returned-1 etc. and then it says unknown error. HELP>

If I had to guess, I think that the stream couldn't be send out fast enough and the buffer filled up. It's a complete guess. Where you able to start the stream again and what happened?

Otherwise, if it is continuing to happen, you can work with support to see what might be going on.
    http://new.tk/chat
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I never got it to go with the TriCaster. I had to go to our laptop and use that. Our upload speed was 270Mbps. That should be fast enough???

Up speed sounds like it. I'd start with support to figure out what is going on.

It would also help to know what model and version TriCaster you are running.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

TriCaster Mini HD4 is what it says on the side but it is the mini that has a viewing screen. I'm also running the latest AE software.

I have two minis and I just got done trying my other one. It does the same thing as my other one. Could it be the school filter? It just worked the other day.

I figured out what the problem was. I took the TriCaster home. It worked. I took it back to school, it didn't work. I tried a jetpack at school and it worked. It was the dang filter that did it. I talked to the tech guy and it is now fixed. It is so crazy that I had just streamed a couple days before that and it worked fine. Problem solved.

Glad you figured it out.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.