Thread: Network out on spark

Network out on spark

Hi! Is it possible to use the spark as a WiFi to Ethernet? For example, we want to use our Sony PTZ with the Spark in a totally wireless environment. So can we connect the PTZ camera ethernet port to Sparks ethernet port so we can get both video and control the camera via the Sparks WiFi without pulling long ethernet cables or have an extra WiFi router at the camera?

/Johan

You cannot bridge the WiFi to the Ethernet on Spark. You can use one network interface or the other. If you have a PTZ camera using IP control and Spark, you will need to run two Ethernet lines or a single Ethernet line and put a small switch on the end to connect both devices.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks!
    Do you think this is something that could be done via future software updates. Or is it built in a way that this is impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by Metodisten View Post
    Thanks!
    Do you think this is something that could be done via future software updates. Or is it built in a way that this is impossible?
    I really don't know. I would plan on running two Ethernet lines for the camera and Spark, if you are running cables now, I'd run a third line as a backup.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

That would be my preferred option too. But the people I will work for next weekend don't wanna run long cables, so we will try to see how wifi will work. We will set up our own routers and access points so no other will be on the same wifi. But still, wifi can be risky. But that camera will not be a main camera