Thread: Advanced Macro Configuration

Advanced Macro Configuration

Hi all,

As part of my quest to make everything I do with the TriCaster and 3Play as easy as pressing one button, I've been playing around with trying to make a couple of Macros for the 3Play 4800. Unfortunately, it's not doing what I was hoping. I would appreciate any help you can provide. Here's what I'm trying to do with one button after I've pressed Mark Out:

Select the most recent clip in the clip list
    Select Angle 3 (just an example)
    Send that angle to the playlist
    Select that clip in the playlist
    local-jog back 4 seconds and update the mark-in point
    local-jog 4 seconds past the outpoint and update the mark-out

The other option that would work is to copy and paste the clip and have it do the local jog/in/out updates in the cliplist before sending it to the playlist and then having it delete that second clip in the cliplist at the very end of the macro.

Thanks for your help,

From what I recall, all of those steps can be done, but I'd have to sit down and try it myself. The only things I wondering off hand is when you go from clip list to playlist does it always select the last clip?

I'm out from where my demo unit is located, so I'll not be able to try anything for a while. Perhaps other people might have comments on this.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    From what I recall, all of those steps can be done, but I'd have to sit down and try it myself. The only things I wondering off hand is when you go from clip list to playlist does it always select the last clip?

I'm out from where my demo unit is located, so I'll not be able to try anything for a while. Perhaps other people might have comments on this.
    By pressing Alt Down on the keyboard, it goes to the bottom clip on whatever list you're working in. Unfortunately, that Macro isn't listed as a system command so I can't see what the string is to copy it.