Thread: Has anyone installed the Ross XPression Go Laptop CG upgrade to use NDI

Has anyone installed the Ross XPression Go Laptop CG upgrade to use NDI

I use two SDI inputs into my Tricaster 8000 to get graphics from the Ross XPression. It work fine but I loose 2 inputs. I was told if I update to version 7.0 it has the NDI function. Has anyone been able to use the Ross NDI function yet?
    Roads?...Where we're going you don't need roads!

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    Do you have Advanced Edition on your 8000?
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Not Yet. I updated a Tricaster SDI Mini and a Live Text and that works fine but I do not want to update my 8000 if the XPression NDI does not work.

I see no reason why NDI out of Expression 7 would not work. I know that Ross themselves is using it themselves for virtualized Newsroom productions. I would recommend that you also install our NDI tools pack on your Expression PC.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

No on Go,

Quote Originally Posted by jimhouston View Post
    Not Yet. I updated a Tricaster SDI Mini and a Live Text and that works fine but I do not want to update my 8000 if the XPression NDI does not work.
    We have tried to get a response from Ross, but at this point we have great NDI on the full xPressions, but it will not turn on, on the "GO".

Steve

Ross NDI

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSpaw View Post
    We have tried to get a response from Ross, but at this point we have great NDI on the full xPressions, but it will not turn on, on the "GO".

Steve
    I am not an expert on XPression, and I dont really know what "GO" is but I believe that NDI is a feature which goes hand in hand with the same 'module' which produces SDI in XPression. So if your XPression is not equipped to send SDI, you wont get NDI either.

For example we have a developer XPression dongle which we use for control protocol testing, and whilst it comes up with the whole XPression interface - there is no NDI functionality because we are running a subset of the complete XPression infrastructure.

But as I say - take all this with a pinch of salt, I only have a small amount of information on this.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by livepad View Post
    I am not an expert on XPression, and I dont really know what "GO" is but I believe that NDI is a feature which goes hand in hand with the same 'module' which produces SDI in XPression. So if your XPression is not equipped to send SDI, you wont get NDI either.

For example we have a developer XPression dongle which we use for control protocol testing, and whilst it comes up with the whole XPression interface - there is no NDI functionality because we are running a subset of the complete XPression infrastructure.

But as I say - take all this with a pinch of salt, I only have a small amount of information on this.
    Hello Mark,
    Yes I can in the hardware set up choose ndi and set options Etc. But when I try to select it as my preferred frame buffer in the sequencer it is highlighted in red unlike anything I have seen in the other xpressions. That's why I think they have not chosen to allow ndi with the go systems, if true would be a bad marketing decision. I don't think they want the least expensive Xpression to be used with a tricaster. Just a guess.

Here is the release for Version 7. NDI is supported in this version. Question is, whether that includes the GO brands on the laptop? I would think this would be an ideal situation to use NDI for.

https://www.rossvideo.com/graphics-s...sion/features/

A great example of where this would be helpful is in the event you are producing events for different networks. I know of an example where one network only builds packages for Xpression and not Viz. So, the TC1/Viz combo this school has will not work in that case. It would be nice (and simple) if the Network could just ship a laptop with GO and NDI already available.

Version 7.2 of Xpression will add NDI Output to Xpression GO.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Condren View Post
    Version 7.2 of Xpression will add NDI Output to Xpression GO.
    Hi

Did you actually try using 7.2 with the GO Laptop ? Which version of 7.2?

Did they release version 7.2 of Xpression GO? I thought they were waiting for NAB.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call