Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: interesting insight to nvidia's direction with rendering

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    98

    interesting insight to nvidia's direction with rendering

    If you cant help but make an art of it.

  2. #2
    Very interesting. I´m looking forward to use this denoiser in octane, hopefully soon.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenart View Post
    Very interesting. I´m looking forward to use this denoiser in octane, hopefully soon.
    Yeah i think Otoy and Nvidia engineers, are doing some really amazing stuff.
    If you cant help but make an art of it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenart View Post
    Very interesting. I´m looking forward to use this denoiser in octane, hopefully soon.
    Octane and others all got Nvidia's AI denoiser SDK just recently...
    Octane however developed it's own AI denoiser which is a fairly different approach. 3.09 will have the Octane AI denoiser, and they will test against the Nvidia one. We may have both in Octane very soon.

  5. #5
    Electron wrangler jwiede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    5,352
    Quote Originally Posted by m.d. View Post
    Octane and others all got Nvidia's AI denoiser SDK just recently...
    Octane however developed it's own AI denoiser which is a fairly different approach. 3.09 will have the Octane AI denoiser, and they will test against the Nvidia one. We may have both in Octane very soon.
    Pretty much all the major (and many of the less-commonly-used) render engines now have shown or released denoising support.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB on MacPro(12C/24T/10.12.5),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

  6. #6
    And they just released a new Titan (Volta)

  7. #7
    Yeah and it's only $2999.99. I'll take 4.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    a place
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Pretty much all the major (and many of the less-commonly-used) render engines now have shown or released denoising support.
    i wonder if lw next will have it, if it ever comes
    out

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    i wonder if lw next will have it, if it ever comes
    out
    Well considering that rendering is the only thing that consistently receives improvements in LightWave, it will be sad when it doesn't have it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •