Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Returns - BladRunner

Rachael Returns - BladRunner

4 study...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

very cool

World's Tallest Dwarf safetyman's Avatar
    That's pretty amazing but nothing shocks me with digital doubles anymore. The tech is getting better all the time.

there is no sanctuary....
    Rachael was the best to my eyes so far, having been disappointed in the star wars efforts.
    Bill Carey

I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 375.70
    LW 2015.3 x64
    Space Navigator

Frequenter
    Well, yes, surely an achievement...

But - still a good bit in the uncanny valley department , if you ask me - especially when she starts talking... :-\
    And there is also something with her mouth/lips that doesnīt do the real Sean Young back in the 1982 version justice.
    So to me, this moment has clearly been one of the least liked in the movie - probably in my case mostly, though, because they tried to mimick something that they shouldnīt really...
    just my 2 cents

agree there are things that could've been improved in the final.
    less sss
    less saturation (red)
    a more accurate copy (some of Rachel's unique "features" were smoothed out)
    original had more makeup, slightly more narrow eyebrows, slightly thicker eyebrows, bigger ears, more defined.

that said, it's surely getting there. add 22 more years perhaps (2049) and then you won't be able to tell...  

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    Rachael was the best to my eyes so far, having been disappointed in the star wars efforts.
    There was something very strange about those characters in SW while this Rachel character feels real and believable even though I know she is a double.

mouth anim was dodgy. hair was off. very very good though.

Looks so darn good, as vfx of course, never mind that I was totally blown away by the looks of Sean Young in the original Movie all those years ago, I was just 17 years old, then again... I still to this day canīt escape that beauty of her.

Good job by the MPC, the mouth may reveall some unaturall movements though, I have only seen bits here and there though, will have to pick it up on the movies actually.
    Itīs fun to see my old favourite scifi movies showing up almost at the same time, star wars and blade runner.

wish i saw this at the cinemas the very first time around...

many of us missed out on >

[agh]
    Last edited by erikals; 12-07-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    wish i saw this at the cinemas the very first time around...

many of us missed out on >

[agh]
    They are all handsome, who doesnīt love the bonestructure of that queen

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I was happy to see them when the movies was out, and at the movies as well..so quite an experience to be watching the masterpieces..which I think the first movies reached up to.

- - - Updated - - -

I was happy to see them when the movies was out, and at the movies as well..so quite an experience to be watching the masterpieces..which I think the first movies reached up to.

Blah..for double posts.

Rachael Replicant part2 - it seems MPC did really alot of tail chasing on this Char,

Actually ended up in 5.1/2 K rez- see Cinefex issue 155 pages 77 & 78.

Alien and Blade runner, the idea was that it was in fact that these stories originates in the same universe, that Mr Ridley has mentioned in interviews himself, and this may be interesting..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hqaqQ4Mb38

Especially notable... is that the purge screen from Alien is exactly the same screen re-used in Blade runner, check the exact number 24556, and Dallas has a Working Track record that shows he worked for the Tyrell corporation, so yes..Ridley Scott seem to fancy cameos and twisted versions of his own made up realities, including turning his d upside down and form Ripley instead of Ridley.

Even though the special editions of the Star Wars films were not so special, seeing those on the BIG screen for the first time since I was a Child was a special treat. I remember seeing the trailer for the special editions in the theater.......

"For an entire generation, people have seen Star Wars, the only way possible; on the tv screen......" Man Oh man... To see that X-Wing break out of the tiny television and fill the entire Movie Theater screen with that epic score...... I am not ashamed to admit, tears streamed down my cheek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRgsMKu8oNA

I actually waited in LONG lines to buy advance tickets for all 3 movies when they came back to theaters.

I am fortunate enough to be of an age (46) where I saw all these great films in the theaters when I was a kid and things really were NEW and Exciting.

-Adrian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast