Thread: Firmware for Panasonic PTZ Cameras?

Reseller since 1985

Firmware for Panasonic PTZ Cameras?

Does anyone have an update on the release of the NDI firmware for Panasonic PTZ cameras? The information that I had received earlier stated that it would be released this fall. I had heard a couple of months ago that it was in beta. What happened to it?
    Stan Stalter
    Encompass Media
    www.encompassmedia.net
    Phone 610-372-1010

I send NewTek a email about 'Coming Fall 2017....' they forwarded the mail to the Dutch reseller, responded he is also waiting... he had a contact at Panasonic, he would ask and I did send Panasonic a mail, but still no answer.

Placed a tweet about the update but still no answer... so retweet?? https://twitter.com/nielsillem/statu...01878649942019

It is still coming out, I saw a beta version of the Panasonic firmware in Oct & Nov. I'm not sure when the date for release will be, hopefully not much longer.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Finally Panasonic seems to have pushed out firmware update that adds support for NDI|HX. It's a shame that NewTek charges for the NDI|HX license to the cameras. Is one license enough or must each camera have a separate license?

Quote Originally Posted by streamingmedia View Post
    Finally Panasonic seems to have pushed out firmware update that adds support for NDI|HX. It's a shame that NewTek charges for the NDI|HX license to the cameras.
    This is not just a 'firmware update', though - it's an upgrade. (Whether the sale is done in our store or theirs is just a detail.)

NewTek has to do extensive work with the mfr. for each and every camera model that the manufacturer adds NDI support to, involving considerable development and testing. This costs serious money. Of course, the camera mfrs make money on the value added, whether they sell NDI-enabled camera models or allow the cameras to be upgraded later. NewTek and Panasonic are both businesses. Whether the sale comes through the mfr store or ours, this stuff isn't free, nor can it be.

Quote Originally Posted by streamingmedia View Post
    Is one license enough or must each camera have a separate license?
    The latter, just as when you buy anything. It is quite common for similar cameras to be sold in multiple models differentiated by features. You can't buy one model X and one less expensive model Y and expect them both to have the more expensive model X feature set. This is exactly the same, save for the fact that you have the option of buying the upgrade later.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I couldn’t see AW-HE 130 in this release.
    Is it going to be a later release for this model?
    Any expected date?

Rolf

The HE-130 will be supported in the future. Not sure when.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.