Thread: NDI WebLink Now Shipping !

NDI WebLink Now Shipping !

NDI WebLink for macOS now shipping.

A very quick news update about Sienna's latest NDI app for macOS - NDI WebLink

NDI WebLink provides a bridge between NDI and HTML, allowing you to view NDI Video sources on any web browser on any device on your network, including iPhones, iPads and Android devices, smart TVs and set top boxes, desktop computers and laptops running any operating system.

Shipping today at a special introductory price. Available from the Apple App Store.

Looks very interesting. Simple to use. Just a couple questions.

How does an Mac App run on Android? Oh, I see now the 'more' (additional) info on the "Apple App Store" page. If I understand correctly, it runs on a mac and then the other devices can view the NDI sources using the Mac as a web server. Is that correct?

Magic always comes with a price and I wonder if this increases bandwidth or does it still use the Multicast support on NDI V3 for all devices? In other words, if you have 20 laptops/computers viewing does that chew up a lot of bandwidth?
    Last edited by Gordon; 12-05-2017 at 07:12 PM.

The app is going to run on a Macintosh computer. Then using a web browser on another device (iOS, Android, Chromebook, Windows, Mac, Linux, Smart Fridge) you will open the web server that this app is creating to monitor the video feed.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.