Thread: Creating Macro to Send Graphic to Buffer

Creating Macro to Send Graphic to Buffer

We are attempting to send a graphic from GFX 2 Preset 11 to Buffer 10. We have no problem doing that, however is there a way to send the graphic without having to visibly select Preset 11 first?

We have a plethora of graphics in different presets in graphics 2 and any time we change the preset, it then changes the graphic displayed out of gfx 2. So I would like to send the third graphic in Preset 11 to Buffer 10 while still have the second graphic in Preset 2 on air.

Thanks

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    I don't know if the command exist in a Macro but it may, hope another user who is a Macro power editor chimes in but...
    A possible work around is name the image Buffer10.png (as an example). Then you place image on a Media drive example D: drive to a known folder example d:\media\framebuffer10. In this example, the file location would be d:\media\framebuffer10\Buffer10.png
    Now in LIVE, load the image to DDR1 or GFX1 and then select the buffer tab so that you can see both tabs at the same time
    Create a new Macro and press record
    Select the Buffer10.png from DDR1 or GFX1 and holding the left mouse down, slide it to Buffer 10 and stop recoding
    Click on Edit to edit the macro and delete all rows but the last one "framebuffer_prset_assign"
    If you read this line, it basically will move the filename in the value to buffer 10
    You don't need the image in any Media Bins now it just has to always be in the same folder and have the same name for the macro to work

Another method which works very well is too enable Share Media Folders and Buffers under File menu. Then on another computer on the same network as the TriCaster, you just move the image into the Frame Buffer, Buffer 10 folder and it instantly is loaded into the TriCaster Buffer 10

Good luck,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Considering this a little further, I think that if the player is playing (i.e., not just stopped on a particular image), you can switch to the alternate preset and do what you want without disrupting output. If you're using the graphics player as a still store, this would probably mean temporarily turning on Loop and hitting play, but I think it would work.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    I don't know if the command exist in a Macro but it may, hope another user who is a Macro power editor chimes in but...
    A possible work around is name the image Buffer10.png (as an example). Then you place image on a Media drive example D: drive to a known folder example d:\media\framebuffer10. In this example, the file location would be d:\media\framebuffer10\Buffer10.png

Good luck,
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Considering this a little further, I think that if the player is playing (i.e., not just stopped on a particular image), you can switch to the alternate preset and do what you want without disrupting output. If you're using the graphics player as a still store, this would probably mean temporarily turning on Loop and hitting play, but I think it would work.
    Thanks for the help guys. Since the graphic is pulling Statcrew data that varies for each player, I don't know if your idea will work Jose. I'll play around a bit tonight but right now, Steve's idea of keeping the other graphics on play/loop should work as long as I don't have any of the player graphics set to play when selected.

I appreciate it.