Thread: Recording Green in QT Player

Recording Green in QT Player

Hi All,

When pulling a TC AE recording (MOV) onto my mac with the latest QT installed, the TC footage reads as green.
    Adobe reads it fine, so I am just wondering if there s a new Apple QT codec that I need to install on my mac?
    Has the codec on the TC recording changed at all, with one of the updates or was the change on Mac's side?

All the best
    Nino

Quote Originally Posted by Malapati View Post
    Hi All,

When pulling a TC AE recording (MOV) onto my mac with the latest QT installed, the TC footage reads as green.
    Adobe reads it fine, so I am just wondering if there s a new Apple QT codec that I need to install on my mac?
    Has the codec on the TC recording changed at all, with one of the updates or was the change on Mac's side?

All the best
    Nino
    I literally just posted about this as I'm having the same issue. We always bring TC files into FCP to edit. Audio is fine, but video is green.

What do you mean Adobe reads it fine? Do you mean Premier, and wouldn't that use the QT codecs too?

Sounds like there is an issue with Advanced Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by rcebulski View Post
    I literally just posted about this as I'm having the same issue. We always bring TC files into FCP to edit. Audio is fine, but video is green.

What do you mean Adobe reads it fine? Do you mean Premier, and wouldn't that use the QT codecs too?

Sounds like there is an issue with Advanced Edition.
    When I pull the footage in to Adobe Premiere Pro it decipheres the footage, but playing it back in QT directly it sees the footage as green only, but with audio.

The strange thing is that footage recorded on the latest version of Isocorder Pro is read fine by both applications. Which in my opinion points to the TriCaster as opposed to QT

Any ideas?

Have you guys fixed this by any chance?
    All my TriCaster recorded files are green in Finder or FCPX, and I'm out of ideas.

I have the codec installed but it seems to make no difference.

Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Do you all have the Newtek Tricaster codecs installed on your other machines?
    Tricaster 460
    HD-SDI over coax
    JVC 890 x 2
    Panasonic 370 x 1