Thread: Using older 3Play with newer TriCaster Mini - temporary

Using older 3Play with newer TriCaster Mini - temporary

Greetings all - Our 3Play mini has been sent back to NewTek for repair and in the interim we have borrowed an older 3Play (I'm sorry that I do not know the model but it is full size, with pre-NDI software). I know that our Comm Dept used that 3Play with their older TriCaster model and were able to connect via network switcher but when I connect everything as normal, I can't seem to find the older 3Play in the network connections.

Anybody have an idea of something I can try? Our TriCaster is latest edition (as of this date) and does include Professional Edition Licensing?

Could it be that the older software just isn't compatible?

Thanks for your ideas.

The older software used a different method for sending the video by network, called Airsend. That isn't compatible with NDI and your latest TriCaster would be looking for only NDI sources. You might have to use a real physical connection or update the software on your older 3Play to support NDI output.

Kris
    TriCaster: 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    CG: LiveText2 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5 (SDI & ATEM with Tactical Fiber)
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Any 3PLAY (expect the original 330 model) supports NDI if you update it to the latest version of software.

http://new.tk/dl
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.