Thread: proposition

proposition

hello,

i would like to put forward a proposition.

atm,i am swaying beyeeen lw and modo with various renderers for current and future projects. i am sure others are too. spending a significant amount of time testing and evaluating.

at this point in time, i have to say i would rather lwg just release what they have of next in beta form so that it may be adopted and evaluated as a viable option. i know it’s used in production already.

i think it should be given as an option to paying customers to sign up and beta in production with the proviso that there be no bitching and some sort of constructive and productive feedback channel.

i feel this is mutually beneficial. lwg gets productive feedback, those that want to get access to the new renderer. at this point in time i feel it’s a win win as, quite frankly, time is up. there needs to be a viable
    product in one form or another and this seems like the best option to get the ball rolling. please, as a fanboy.
    it’s time. i don’t want the best product any more, i just want a product. now.
    stop and think about this cos it’s real and it’s magnificent (to quote sienfeld) otherwise it’s no soup for you!

I think its already been leaked that Lightwave is ready for release (and possibly been for quite some time) the hold up is something else that none of us can attribute too as we don't have any facts and no amount of trying to "Out" the product is going to work, its not that they even want to ignore the requests, its the fact they cant even say one way or the other, so they physically cant reply, as that could infringe the problem one way or the other, as soon as the situation is resolved, it will land, but before that there has to be silence.
    don't get me wrong, i feel the exact same way as you as a lot of customers have got "PBR" in the head and its difficult (although not impossible)within reasonable timeframes to match the look at the current state of things
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

best way to think of it is that you have placed an amazon order and all the postman went on strike, no matter how much you hound them its out of their hands and they cant even find out where it is themselves,
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator

Sounds like legal trouble or they are haggling over how much to pay in royalties for technology X, Y or Z they may be licensing.

Just call me "Ray" raymondtrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    I think its already been leaked that Lightwave is ready for release...
    Is this comment based on something?

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    I think its already been leaked that Lightwave is ready for release (and possibly been for quite some time) the hold up is something else that none of us can attribute too as we don't have any facts and no amount of trying to "Out" the product is going to work, its not that they even want to ignore the requests, its the fact they cant even say one way or the other, so they physically cant reply, as that could infringe the problem one way or the other, as soon as the situation is resolved, it will land, but before that there has to be silence.
    don't get me wrong, i feel the exact same way as you as a lot of customers have got "PBR" in the head and its difficult (although not impossible)within reasonable timeframes to match the look at the current state of things
    Sounds a bit speculative based on an assumption but I don't mind at all. I'm big fan of speculative threads.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    Is this comment based on something?
    it might be based on the [coming soon] comments NT wrote
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

For the last three weeks I've been writing comments very similar to Rustythe1's, and then deleting them, but here it is, he's put it out there. It's based on information that somehow got out. No one can say specifically or with absolute certainty what that "something else" is, even if it's has been defined, there's no way to confirm it so it's better left unsaid, but it's the thing that has brought about the silence and delay. Technical issues are not the thing holding it up.

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    Source?
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
    Source?
    Yeah, if possible, source please. Will the reasons for the delay make sense or make us shake our head, I wonder.

Which is why I don't really care about the reason (though I am of course curious). I just want the software and a substantial effort by Newtek marketing to push the new product.
    Last edited by Chris S. (Fez); 11-13-2017 at 04:49 PM.

but if you give sources or facts they disappear so best just to take rumors as being a close truth, it wont go on forever, remember LWG is part of newtek and at some point there has to be an end to it one way or another,

Speculation or not there are not many reasons why the solution or enforced action now would be silence.

It narrows it down quite a bit.