Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1624

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Not to single anyone out, but as a general comment, this all seems so patently obvious it hardly bears stating, and restating, and restating.

Some have evidently determined to wait; others think that outlook to be naive, foolish, or what have you. Beyond perfectly justifiable concerns and complaints, what this thread primarily reveals to me is how profound the human urge to proselytize is.

It's not enough to form a view and share it or defend it; others must either be converted or silenced, as attested to by the preponderance of repetitive posts in this extremely long thread. It doesn't seem to me that repeating the same refrain (pick a side, doesn't much matter which) endlessly has a great deal of impact, whether in this domain or others, yet round and round it goes. One might despair for humanity ...
    I've made what? 2 of these types of posts in this thread of 1005 posts so far? 2/1005 = 0.19% makes me hardly a prolific preacher - and I don't seem to have many converts.

Methinks the moderator doth protest too much.
    Last edited by sami; 12-05-2017 at 10:43 PM.

You're entirely correct ... except that sometimes professionals drop hints.

This is not to suggest hints are a good substitute for clear communication; I'm just disagreeing ever so slightly with the premise that "Professionals would communicate in a professional way." That's true, as far as it goes, but it's incomplete. One cannot exclude the possibility of a hint having a basis in fact, nor that it is unprofessional in some way to offer one.

This all said, building speculative castles in the air based on hints is a risky proposition.
    I've figured it out.

I know why LWDG has been silent so long.

They've finally cracked it. LWNext.... is actually... SBowie -- he's the new AI Chatbot. Great personality, witty banter, and subtle trolling to keep you hanging for their "next" product. Conversational interface for the next generation of 3D apps.

Look out Siri and Cortana and Alexa, here comes SBowie. We promise he won't go genocidal in 24 hours. Watch him in action:

me: "SBowie, make me a 3D Box"

SBowie: "OK. Poof. You're a 3D Box. And don't cross me again or I may consider exercising my moderator powers... <insert obscure British comedy reference here>"

Coming soon to a forum near you...
    Last edited by sami; 12-05-2017 at 10:44 PM.

LW Watcher
    I think we can do without the personal stuff.

Sami, #1006 reads fine to my eye, but #1007 looks quite off-kilter. Not forum copping, maybe just me. I made a boo-boo earlier where the humorous intention was misunderstood the way I wrote it, but that does look harsh.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 12-06-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Hmm, the first thing I did with Windows 10 was to get rid of Cortana.... but I can imagine a Cortana interface for Modeler.... "Select that edge almost to the left", "no not that one, the one to the right of it", "no, my right, not your right", "yes that one, now select the edge near the ummmm... ah give me the mouse"
    LightWave 2015.3 - Fantasy web comic: http://rustandmagic.se https://www.facebook.com/rustandmagic57/
    "I may not change the world but I'm gonna leave a scar" (Charlie Starr - Blackberry Smoke)

Quote Originally Posted by sami View Post
    I've made what? 2 of these types of posts in this thread of 1005 posts so far? 2/1005 = 0.19% makes me hardly a prolific preacher ...
    Just one member of the choir. The refrain is still the same.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Great personality, witty banter...
    Thanks. (You forgot "even-handed", and "impervious to provocation".)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks. (You forgot "even-handed", and "impervious to provocation".)
    wasnt intending provocation at all. And of course you're even-handed. Clearly, me joining the humor parade was misread - though I reread my post a few times and still found it complimentary and humorous - unusual for me perhaps to joke like that - but i saw it as both gentle ribbing and genuinely complimentary (not to LWDG though, but to you complimenting you and being cheeky was my intent). Like seriously - who could put up with these forums but a chatbot?? ;-)

The only biting sarcasm was intended toward the team insisting on silence. as a valid business model.

And besides your diplomatic diffusing of forum digressions, which is commendable indeed (though sometimes a tad condescending even if warranted), I thought it captured your rapier sense of humor. no offense kind dude.

But keeping us guessing Re: LNext without providing actual details does seem a bit on purpose though...
    Last edited by sami; 12-06-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think we can do without the personal stuff.
    There was nothing personal about my post.

LW Watcher
    There was nothing personal about my post.
    I think suggesting that the posts of a particular person are/could be/should be a bot are pretty personal.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    I'm not either, but just to offer my two cents on this topic broadly, I frequently ignore or reject 'friend' or 'contact' requests from those I don't know (and some that I do).

I confess that, in part, this flows from a semi-conscious rejection of a societal paradigm where your friend count is some sort of measure of stature. Equally, I think, I have way too many contacts of all sorts already and making myself accessible to everyone who stumbles on my contact details threatens unwanted intrusion.
    You're not alone in that, unless I personally know the person or they have some direct link to me or a good friend, I tend to reject any request. I will never understand this need to post every action you perform in a day on social media, then again, I'm an old fart.
    Too old to die young.

what, you don’t want to post what you are eating? that’s madness. everyone in the world wants, no, needs to know that!

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think suggesting that the posts of a particular person are/could be/should be a bot are pretty personal.
    Being outed can be very stressful for bots.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

though I reread my post a few times and still found it complimentary and humorous...
    No worries. Posting anything can be a minefield at times ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Oh yes it would be great if Lightwave gets fluid simulation system and some motion graphics plugins like Maya Mash nodes.

Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast