Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

Well even though jperk wasnt around when brad, allen, and stuart (and others) left, many of us were. And without going into the whys or whats of that situation which would clearly go against steve bowies rule and not a suggestion, i can tell since that time, NT hasnt done jack squat for modeling in LightWave and the people who left did so at least i got my rewritten modeler.

You call magic bevel jack squat!?!?!??
    Full disclosure, I don’t know when that tool appeared.

Haha good one. I think it came in lw 7. Its also in modo and think with even more features.
    Last edited by hrgiger; 11-14-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Well even though jperk wasnt around when brad, allen, and stuart (and others) left, many of us were.
    And it is equally true in that case that the underlying facts are a matter of speculation at best, and best left un-discussed here for that reason. (In my personal experience, those with the least scruples are generally quickest to air their version of matters like this, knowing that others will not stoop to it.)

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    i can tell since that time, NT hasnt done jack squat for modeling in LightWave and the people who left did so at least i got my rewritten modeler.
    I can't agree that there have been absolutely zero modeling advances in the last 15 years or so, but would not quibble that Modeler hasn't seen a lot of love. I don't think you can properly draw a direct line between these matters, however (e.g., I can easily imagine other reasons for the Modo crew concentrating on modeling, and for its somewhat languishing in LW).

Nevertheless, if you feel that LW modeling has suffered since that long ago split, I've no argument with your posting that. Decisions and events have consequences, and there is be nothing inherently unfair about implying that the split undoubtedly led to some negative repercussions. I do draw the line at attempts to characterize the basis for the parting of ways.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Just call me "Ray" raymondtrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jperk View Post
    It's based on user reviews...
    No. Not really. It's all nonsense.

Take a look at a comparative CMS analysis that includes Videolan (VLC) and Adobe Acrobat Reader as CMS tools.
    https://www.g2crowd.com/categories/cms-tools

This jumped out at me as I was just looking at a Gartner magic quadrant graphic the other day for CMS. It looked nothing like G2's nonsense.

The great thing about the internet is that any idiot can find another idiot's infographic to support an idiotic concept.

Got to love the internet where no opinion or argument matters.

Also. It doesn’t make any sense. Satisfaction and market share. Ok. Two metrics that can be measured (sort of). But niche and contender and leader and performer? What the heck!? How does an app that has poor satisfaction and high market share equal contender? That chart looks like a neural network tried to make a power point presentation.

Today's modeling news: http://moi3d.com/beta.htm

"V4 is a major rewrite with changes on many levels so please be on the lookout for any bugs."
    Last edited by Marander; 11-14-2017 at 01:55 PM.

jperk, I have been under the impression that you are a young, wide-eyed, budding artist who is just starting out, and have been hanging around here looking for tips, advice, etc... Now all of the sudden you're some seasoned pro who has a deep profound knowledge and understanding all things LW, and even Newtek's history?... You, more than many others here, have better things to be doing with your time... Go work on your 3D skills son.

Thanks Dad I'll get on it

If it's true NewTek or LW3G ran into a showstopper of some kind preventing them from releasing Next, then I am more than ever willing to wait for it, remaining loyal to them. I'd suspect whatever the holdup is it came from nowhere and they'd want to release it, but need to deal with whatever first. Again, that's just me.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    ...Let's leave dead horses where they lie. (In case there's any doubt, this is not a 'suggestion'.)
    That gave me visions of Steve, our regular forum Wyatt, turn into Doc Holliday ... from Tombstone

More of a Matt Dillon type.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    More of a Matt Dillon type.
    Ok , but was he ever a sheriff ?

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by jperk View Post
    Only thing I've heard LW does better than Modo is Rendering speeds and maybe animation?
    Oh, is THAT all? :eyeroll:

+: it's been so many revisions since the original coders left, for both sides (except LWM ) I think we can safely feel they are different apps and move on.
    Last edited by jeric_synergy; 11-14-2017 at 06:48 PM.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast