Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1653

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

currently, there are 2 cheap fluid plugins out for LightWave.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

so, whens it out?

now.

Google >
    Hurley UP LightWave
    Deep Rising LightWave
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Is Lightwave still offered with NewTek's video hardware? If so, would the video hardware people be considered part of the Lightwave user base?

Imo Steve is the pearl of moderators. I appreciate his patience.

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Is Lightwave still offered with NewTek's video hardware? If so, would the video hardware people be considered part of the Lightwave user base?
    No, really it hasn't been part of the hardware product feature set for a very long time.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    No, really it hasn't been part of the hardware product feature set for a very long time.
    Bummer. More users, more revenue, more timely updates. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Bummer. More users, more revenue, more timely updates. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
    IMO, video people got better things to do than master 3D. (Most of them can't light worth crap, for instance.)

LW for TriCaster users only makes sense if it has a boatload of templates, which IIRC there used to be: "Logo Factory" or some such....
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

As we await LW Next, many of you will know the modelling software Silo "came back to life" recently, but I was pretty surprised to see Hexagon also back in active development for release early 2018. This pattern would seem to bode well for LW. Who knows, maybe Messiah Studio 7 is after that....

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    IMO, video people got better things to do than master 3D. (Most of them can't light worth crap, for instance.)

LW for TriCaster users only makes sense if it has a boatload of templates, which IIRC there used to be: "Logo Factory" or some such....
    Well it is partly a matter of getting into more company's pipelines. You give them a LW license with a tricaster, and they may use it rather than forking out $$$$$ for C4D for their graphics guys, because it is already sitting there. It is a way in, that doesn't cost them anything, and may sell a few more seats as some of these companies expand, or guys who learned LW at these companies leave, and want to pick up their own copy. The tricaster seems to be pretty popular for school sports coverage for instance. So if you are NT, and you have a way to get LW into the hands of the school's AV nerds, who almost all of us, once were, why wouldn't you do that? But yeah, you would want to update the text tools for obvious reasons.

I'm sorry, but - at least as stated - this runs counter to basic TriCaster design principles. While it's true that TC runs on Windows, we treat it as an embedded operating system, encourage users to think of it as an appliance, and aggressively discourage it's use as a general purpose computer. I appreciate your enthusiasm, though.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'm sorry, but - at least as stated - this runs counter to basic TriCaster design principles. While it's true that TC runs on Windows, we treat it as an embedded operating system, encourage users to think of it as an appliance, and aggressively discourage it's use as a general purpose computer. I appreciate your enthusiasm, though.
    Steve, since you're here... At one point, virtual sets used to be a significant feature area for TriCaster, but it seems of late that emphasis may have been reduced/deprecated. Is that the case?

If not, and virtual sets still play a significant feature role, is the virtual set workflow more one of using existing "template sets" provided in the package, or is the expectation that the 3D work for that will be done elsewhere as part of 3D content creation then migrated onto the TriCaster for use?

Just wondering, thanks!
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.2),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Virtual sets are still a valuable feature, but we have an authoring tool that lets you use output from pretty much any graphics app to generate them. Of course LW is a frequent contributor to the pool of available set content, but it's probably true to say that the majority of TriCaster users don't create their own.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Virtual sets are still a valuable feature, but we have an authoring tool that lets you use output from pretty much any graphics app to generate them. Of course LW is a frequent contributor to the pool of available set content, but it's probably true to say that the majority of TriCaster users don't create their own.
    Fair enough, the takeaway being that virtual set support isn't adequately strong justification for providing 3D content creation capabilities. Thanks for the info!
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.2),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

A good realtime PBR engine like eevee would be a great tool for virtual sets I would imagine

Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast