Thread: rednova's music thread

rednova's music thread

Hi All:

i decided to create a new thread about our favorite music.
    What are your favorite songs/artists ?
    In here we can share about that.
    Let me start:
    I love soft rock very much.
    I love Madonna, bananarama, duran duran, billy idol, elton john, backstreet boys,
    and countless other artists.
    Which are your fave artists/songs ?

Love !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

Foreign...

Peter Gabriel was my favourite artist, though he doesn´t produce those extraordinary pieces much anymore, I got hooked when I first heard shock the monkey from the "security" album, and I was absolutly mesmerized by the "rythm of the heat" and san jacinto.
    Later, biko, so album with..."sledgehammer" "mercy street" "We Do What We're Told (Milgram's 37)" and a lot lot more from that album, his soundtrack adaptation for "birdy" is a masterpiece, his soundtrack to "passion" is also something special, from the us album..."digging in the dirt" "love to be loved" "fourteen black paintings"

Kate bush...first time I heard her was on an ABBA show in Switzerland, she performed "Wow" and I fell in love both with the music, her voice and a tiny bit the look every since then ..every song is kind of special that she makes.

U2...started to grow on me from the joshua tree album and I think I like achtung baby the most "mysterious ways" "one"

Daniel Lanois "acadie"
    Brian eno, many many pieces of ambient music.

Film composers..John Williams..no further description really needed, Jerry Goldsmith, Elliott goldentahl "titus ending" (masterpiece), some of Hans zimmers pieces like "Light" from the thin red line(masterpiece)
    Klaus badelt "time machine" Alexander desplat "curious case of benjamin button"
    Classics...Wagner, what else?
    Beethoven.

Swedish musicians..
    I am not a big fan of what we got..there are some great tunes in swedish performed by some artist, but won´t go in to many of those, I do like First aid kit though, even though they sing in American, and with that 70 style..I love them
    especially Klara Söderbergs clear voice, it´s like a hot knife through ..(not butter) but my spine, and I sort of get watery eyes when hearing her voice, Something patti smith, emmylou, and paul simon has experienced on their polar prize events.
    I liked Robyns techno pop "indestructible" and "be mine" and some others.
    Tove Lo´s "stay high

And of course finally, oldies...the Abba music is always there to cheer you up some days, and was a part of my childhood dancing to their songs in school, yep..that shows my age doesn´t it
    There are so many more ..world wide, I used to listen a lot to simon and garfunkel quite some time ago as well, and many more, so many classical pieces not named, and same with movie scores, and some rock music, did I mention niel young, well yeah...he too is nice to listen too.

Hi:
    When I was a kid in south america, in the 80's the italo music was very popular. I found a few songs
    in youtube you might like:
    bandolero - paris latino
    righeira - no tengo dinero
    righeira- vamos a la playa

Enjoy italo !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

For me it’s all about old school metal and Roc n roll. Favorite bands are Iron Maiden, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe, Boston, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Kiss, Black Sabbath, Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd ,Motorhead, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, Scorpions, Axel Rudi Pell, just to mention a few. Best of all, I ‘ve seen most of them live.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Swedish musicians..
    I am not a big fan of what we got..
    in Sweden you have tons of good rock bands. I can mention Europe, Hardcore Superstar, The Hellacopters, The Scams, Art nation, In Flames, HammerFall, H.E.A.T and Ghost. I have seen most of them live as well.

Reco

Quote Originally Posted by Reco View Post

in Sweden you have tons of good rock bands. I can mention Europe, Hardcore Superstar, The Hellacopters, The Scams, Art nation, In Flames, HammerFall, H.E.A.T and Ghost.

Reco
    You forgot to mention Yngwie Malmsteen and Freak Kitchen.

https://youtu.be/qoSpzbE31KA
    Don't be a dink get some ink

Well, I could have mention Malmsteen among many others, but I don’t listen to him very often. Freak Kitchen and Amaranthe are famous Swedish bands as well, I have seen both live, but they are not my cup of tea. One exception is Nexus by Amaranthe, which I think is worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxOybZcRXhI

Reco

Quote Originally Posted by Reco View Post
    One exception is Nexus by Amaranthe, which I think is worth listening to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxOybZcRXhI
    Reco
    Nice choice!

Reminds me a bit of our local boy Hevvy Devvy (Devin Townsend) although his vocals a a bit less “cookie monster”

https://youtu.be/5Xr83DFlzjU
    Don't be a dink get some ink