Thread: Using NDIHX-PTZ1 with Xsplit Broadcaster - Control options

Using NDIHX-PTZ1 with Xsplit Broadcaster - Control options

I just got NewTek's NDI camera and I'm hoping to use it with Xsplit Broadcaster but I'm not sure of the best way to control the cameras. I have 3, so I'll need to switch between them, and I'm really hoping I don't need to run separate Visca cabling since it seems really nice to get so much through a single Ethernet cable. I have software from Serial Port Tool called "PTZController" that I was using to control a Huddlecam, but I'm not sure if it supports IP Control nor do I know the Protocol that NewTek's camera uses. I also have access to an iPod app that PTZOptics makes that should allow me to control it through the network, but that software is asking for the "Visca Port". Either way, I do not have a tricaster w/ control pad which everyone seems to be talking about using, so I'm hoping there is some other option. Also, if that is also an option I'd be interested in a control pad separate from a tricaster. Thank you for your assistance.

You can use NDI Studio Monitor (installs automatically with the NDI|HX drivers) to control the camera. You can have multiple apps connect to the camera at once. So XSplit can get receive the signal while NDI Studio Monitor is controlling it as well.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks for your reply, Kane. I understand that NDI Studio Monitor allows me to control a camera, but is there an easy way to switch between cameras, or hook up a controller (like the XBox controller) to get the cameras under control?

You can run multiple copies of NDI Studio Monitor to go between cameras. A XBox control can work as well, but it would be configured with one of the instances of the application, you would have to activate it for the camera you want to control.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

So to confirm, there is no other way to control the cameras using an IP control program, similar to what PTZ Optics made for IOS devices?

I'm using the Kinomi iOS GamePad app to control the camera from an iPhone. It makes your iOS device appear as a XBox controller, which in turn operates as a joystick in NDI Studio Monitor. It's not optimized for PTZ control, but it does work.

I'm not aware of any direct iOS control app at this point (other than just using the web UI).
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.