Thread: Control Surface camera control of Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Control Surface camera control of Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Hi,
    Hoping there are simple to answers to these two basic PTZ camera questions:
    Set up: TC 460 AE2 latest build, (2) Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1 cameras, Pripp-Lite POE Switch
    1) I am able to control one camera via the CS joystick, (hold down shift key and proceed). How do I select the other camera so it can be controlled via the joystick ?
    2) How do I erase the PTZ camera presets images ?
    Thanks
    DaveO

You can clear a preset by right clicking is icon and using the menu. Presets are camera based now, so I'm not certain whether this clears the camera preset too or not. The manual explains how to delegate the joystick to different cameras. I'm not able to look it up for you just now, but you should find it in chapter 21 or 22.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

To select a different camera to control, while holding down SHIFT on the CS, one of the M/E Virtual Input Delegate buttons will be lit up, press the M/E number of that matches the camera you wish to control.

The PTZ images are stored in the session, there isn't a way to remove them from the TriCaster user interface that I'm aware of. I tried righting clicking as Steve mention but I do not get a menu. As Steve mentions, since presets are stored in the camera itself removing the image from the UI will not remove the preset location in the camera.
    Last edited by kanep; 10-14-2017 at 03:53 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Sr Programmer Analyst
    One concern is your PoE switch... that appears to be regular PoE (Not PoE+). PoE is 15w, PoE+ is 25 w... you'll need the greater power to make use of the PTZ. THe camera will come on with PoE, but you can't control it with that reduced power.

Hope this makes sense.

Chad

I have 3 NDIHX-PTZ1 cameras hooked up to a TC1 and I'm finding the "Follow Preview" doesn't seem to be working right. It's selected on the CS but when I switch in the Preview bus, the Key bus doesn't change. However, if I then press PTZ SEL, the camera selected in Preview will light up in the Key bus. But unless I use the PTZ SEL to select a camera in the Key bus, it doesn't change which camera is being controlled. I thought the "Follow Preview" would allow me to select the camera to control using the Preview bus?

I have the same problem than you. As far as I know it's on the bug list.

Which software version did you make the tests with ?

I think everything is up to date, TC1 = 171029 and the PTZs = VHR110.