Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bladerunner 2049 -A Lush Screensaver or a New Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by kyuzo View Post
    I know what you mean, but this looks like a regular guitar to me...

Attachment 138336
    Bwahahaha! Touché.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

"iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis
    Synology DS412+

Here is the Soundtrack Running Order , from the advance limited edition CD

1. ”2049” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    2. “Sapper’s Tree” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    3. “Flight to LAPD” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    4. “Summer Wind” – Frank Sinatra
    5. “Rain” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    6. “Wallace” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    7. ”Memory” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    8. “Mesa” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    9. ”Orphanage” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    10. “Furnace” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    11. “Someone Lived This” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    12. ”Joi” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    13. “Pilot” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch

14. ”Suspicious Minds” – Elvis Presley
    15. “Can’t Help Falling In Love” – Elvis Presley
    16. “One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)” - Frank Sinatra

17. ”Hijack” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    18. “That’s Why We Believe” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    19. “Her Eyes Were Green” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    20. “Sea Wall” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    21. “All The Best Memories Are Hers” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    22. “Tears In Rain” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
    23. “Blade Runner” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch

24. “Almost Human” - Lauren Daigle

Previous I therefore cut to the chase here and state, saying : OSCar > Soundtrack > Hans Zimmer[/QUOTE]

I have Update,my Bad : OSCar > Soundtrack > Hans Zimmer & Ben Wallfisch

I've got this soundtrack and I agree with your 'blue' choices as they are the tracks I skip every time I listen to it!
    Montage Reel, Portfolio, PIN_01, Prime......«« go on, click on a link!

i wonder why they didn’t get Mr Papathanassiou to do the ST? (good ol wikipedia, who knew? i see why he shortened it)

saw it the other night. awesome. thank god it’s not a michael bay.

Contains spoilers....

The new film is worthy and beautiful to look at but it just doesn't compare to the power, mystery and subtlety of the original. Villeneuve is a gifted director with real integrity, but at times it felt more like a Marvel production, e.g. the awful fight at the end and Leto's cornball villain. The cinematography strangely tended to underuse shallow depth of field so all the details were pin sharp, as if to show off the well constructed film sets making some sequences e.g the urban prostitute scene patently fake looking. Even the fabric of Luv's clothing looked finely focused and cheap as a result.

Strengths -

* Production design and CGI. However whereas the first film had an "awful beauty", this was more grittily "awful". Perhaps this was intentional... the pollution theme was certainly well done conveyed through some stunning apocalyptic vistas. The holograms were a nice touch but why were they all female? Surely the commodification of sex was missing out on a 50% demographic. A friend suggested Joi should have been capable of switching genders which would have amplified the satire and defused accusations of misogyny.
    * Gosling - he projected innocence and loneliness brilliantly, mainly acting subtlety through his eyes.
    * Ford - looks great for his age, authentic throughout but even he looked lost when glugging water in the truly daft finale. Also what was up with his dress code - he looked like he was still in rehearsals throughout.
    * The hologram concepts eg ménage a trois, were strong and captured the spirit of Philip K Dick. But note the guy still kept his clothes on! My female friends can't be convinced this potentially great scene was anything but backward and male orientated.

Weaknesses

* Some terrible clumsy and downright ugly misogynistic scenes e.g the knifing of the naked replicant. It was just plain crass, unlike the powerful poignant murders of Zora and Pris. The shooting of 'Rachel' was also tacky, a cheap throwaway. Bang - dead with zero anticipation. What happened to the well sustained mature noir pacing and drama of the original? My wife understandably almost walked out a couple of times.
    * What really killed it was Jared Leto's ludicrous hammy hipster villain. He completely lacked gravitas and his cornball rambling speeches were straight out of bad fan fiction. Mercifully he seemed to be written out of the third act. A hologram of the superb Joe Turkell would have been terrific.
    * The cringe inducing scene of the rebel replicants ("We can defeat them" schtick, straight out of a 70s B movie.)
    * The soundtrack has some great moments but sounds rushed, with barely a hint of the eerie melodic atmospherics of Vangelis' epic mood piece.

Overall I give it 3.5 out of 5. With better editing and a dose of subtlety there's a great film in there.
    Still a fan of Villeneuve and it's hard to imagine the pressure he faced with the weight of expectations.
    Last edited by bobakabob; 10-26-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation and modelling WIP Croman
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

I thought it was true to the original and I am glad it didn't opt for PC bs. its an 80's movie remade. Loved it.

thought it was 3.7 on a scale of 5

lots of Fantastic art, and alright acting.

however, couldn't live up to the depth of the interesting Replicants and story in Blade Runner 1982

will i see it again? yep. was it Awesome? nope.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Excellent movie! I like everything!
    In one word: AMAZING!
    Ground control to Major Tom

'The soundtrack has some great moments but sounds rushed, with barely a hint of the eerie melodic atmospherics of Vangelis' epic mood piece.'

An interesting Comment it seems Johan Johansssen was scoring first when Dennis & He couldn't agree on a middle ground( maybe too much Vangeli).
    Because if it had,that would have pilloried to, for Non- Muso's shouting about plagiarism instead of using the musically correct phrase 'variations on a theme'
    that I have seen on other forums.

So Zimmer & Walfisch it seems where called in in late April for scoring, so since then it may rushed, but maybe consider and think of it as fragmented,
    to go with this appalling society in this future world. Khachaturian it is not agreed, an allude to Vangeli is enough considering the flank that would appear.
    It's the granular huge Synth textures that HAUNT this sound shape like a sonic version of William Gibson's Moa A.I.'s in Neuromancer that will pull the Oscar.

agree, just like with Force Awakens i felt it was a dull theme.

also the Surround was pretty much absent, not sure if that was due to the cinema,
    it shouldn't be, brand new cinema with new sound system, also sat in the very middle.

Last edited by erikals; 10-28-2017 at 07:40 AM.

i have to say i thought the cg characters were awesome in this. this was the first time that i thought it was cg at first then thought maybe not as the nose was out and the lips and mouth moved different to sean young's rachel. then I thought, ok they got a reasonable look a-like for cost. then went back to thinking cg, cos the movement and proportions were off. hats off to em
    Last edited by gar26lw; 10-28-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    i have to say i thought the cg characters were awesome in this. this was the first time that i thought it was cg at first then thought maybe not as the nose was out and the lips and mouth moved different to sean young's rachel. then I thought, ok they got a reasonable look a-like for cost. then went back to thinking cg, cos the movement and proportions were off. hats off to em

A 4K CyberScan of Miss Sean from the original sure is a Godsend in Assets?

I like the time put into the eyes, there's, the-spark always in the 'peepers'

Finessing hand animating all the 'secondaries' therein lies the key to the last 3% now.

I for one can't wait for Real time Hi-Rez scrubber-line tweaking, it's nearly here.
    Last edited by ianr; 10-28-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234