Thread: NDI Scan Converter - Audio disruption

NDI Scan Converter - Audio disruption

Hi All,

We have connected a laptop (Acer i7 running Win 10) running NDI Scan Converter (latest version) to our TriCaster.
    The audio that gets transmitted from the laptop to the TC is intermittent. The best way of describing it is that it stutters.
    I have attached the audio for you to have a listen to.

Has anyone come across a similar problem?

Cheers
    Nino
    Attached Files Attached Files

What kind of network connection between the laptop and the TriCaster?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    What kind of network connection between the laptop and the TriCaster?
    Hi Kane,
    we are running Cat6 cable between the laptop, 1G Switch, Tricaster.
    I have tried a different cable just to make sure, but the problem persists.

Any assistance is appreciated! :-)

I'd also make sure you sound card drivers are up to date.

Something else that you can try is install VB Cable, set you computer audio to use VB Cable as the default audio output and NDI Scan Converter to use VB Cable as the input, this will bypass your sound card completely.
    http://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

I'd also make sure you sound card drivers are up to date.

Something else that you can try is install VB Cable, set you computer audio to use VB Cable as the default audio output and NDI Scan Converter to use VB Cable as the input, this will bypass your sound card completely.
    http://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
    Thanks Kane,
    I will certainly check the drivers. Just as a note: When using the smae set up and only sned ing the Video via NDI to the TC and using a physical audio cable from the laptop to the TC it works beautifully. But having to run a further cable in this particular setup is a bit of a hassle and running Audio & Video via NDI would be ideal.

When NDI Scan Converter grabs system sound it is interacting with the sound card, as you can imagine with all of the different sound cards and drivers available on Windows system, some work better than others. Most computer sound cards work fine, but if there are problems updating driver might help, otherwise VB Cable is always available as a fall back.
    Kane Peterson
    NewTek, Inc.

When NDI Scan Converter grabs system sound it is interacting with the sound card, as you can imagine with all of the different sound cards and drivers available on Windows system, some work better than others. Most computer sound cards work fine, but if there are problems updating driver might help, otherwise VB Cable is always available as a fall back.
    Thanks Kane,
    I updated the drivers of the sound card, but alas it did not make a difference. I will try with VB Cable and report back.
    Rgds
    Nino

Hi Kane,
    I downloaded VB cable and it seems to have solved the problem.
    Thanks a mill for the advice!, it is always appreciated!

Nino