Thread: Can TC1 Primary Multi Show Only 4 SDI Inputs?

Can TC1 Primary Multi Show Only 4 SDI Inputs?

Hi. Using the TC1 which has 16 theoretical external inputs via NDI. Great.

However, I'm only using the 4 SDI inputs and would like to preview only those on the left side of the primary multiviewer.

There doesn't seem to be a way to select anything less than all 16 external inputs, most of which are empty for me.

The layout that display only the DDRs and GFX channels would be great. Four big boxes taking up all the avail space, but you can't right click to reassign like you can in the M/E follow layout.

Is there is a way to edit your own custom multiviewer layouts?

Thanks!

(sorry in advance if this was already addressed - tried searching first!)

Quote Originally Posted by theStreamDotTV View Post
    The layout that display only the DDRs and GFX channels would be great. Four big boxes taking up all the avail space, but you can't right click to reassign like you can in the M/E follow layout.
    Sure? It works here when I do that.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Go to WORKSPACES at top of screen, and select C or D which both have 4 boxes. Then right-click in each of those preview boxes to access the menu to put literally ANY source imaginable into each box.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

Thanks guys. My unit is in transit so I'll try again as soon as I have it online again, but I could have sworn I attempted this or I would not have asked. A few other things were wonky and I needed to reboot so maybe that was the issue. Rebooting almost always clears up any rare issues that occur.

That said, I had an old TC-Studio and that let you cue up preview (and maybe even take?) just by clicking on the sources. I'm sure that was removed for good reason, but is there a way to set that back on? I thought it was pretty handy sometimes.

Thanks!

I suspect that was removed due to the danger of accidentally switching to a source when you were just trying to click the 'gear' icon to change settings
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, TC 8000, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, 3Play Mini, 3Play 4800, TS 100, TS 4000

Totally. I completely understand the usefulness of that, but as someone who never had that problem and doesn't have the control surface, I'd like to be able to switch it back on. At minimum, to queue the source up in preview.

If you can't right click on a viewport and get a context menu on a TC1, it's either some sort of file corruption or a bug (or both).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")