Thread: TriCaster 860 (AE) Mutliple Ethernet Connections

TriCaster 860 (AE) Mutliple Ethernet Connections

Greetings.
    We have a TriCaster 860 (March 2015) that has been upgraded to Advanced Edition. I am trying to exploit the NDI aspects of the system. One of these applications is the NDICamera app which I purchased for my iPhone. We also have LiveText installed on a separate PC. Up until the attempt to use the iPhone NDI connection the LiveText NDI connection worked without issue. Both the TriCaster and the LiveText PC were connected to our University campus wired LAN. Unfortunately the campus IT folks have chosen to implement a different subnet protocol for the campus wireless network, and refuse to turn on the nDNS gateway, so the TriCaster would not recognize the iPhone.
    So, here is what I did:
    I purchased a Netgear wireless router and a USB wireless receiver for the TriCaster. The TriCaster recognizes (or at least seems to recognize) both network connections (campus wired LAN and Netgear wireless) but when I try to use both my iPhone AND the LiveText NDI feeds they pop on and off when I try to have them interact (keying, etc.). It seems as though the computer is having challenges with simultaneous throughput from both network connections. Is this truly the case? Are there property settings for the wireless receiver (in the appropriate Windows control panel), such as BEAM, QoS, etc. that could be adjusted to improve this?

NDI isn't designed to work over WiFi like that. Just the iPhone itself it pushing the limits of NDI and WiFi, and it sounds like you are trying to have both the iPhone and LiveText trying to talk this way.

Why not use a USB to Ethernet adapter for a second network port, if your TriCaster has blue colored USB ports, they are USB3 and you should be able to get good performance using an interface like this.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Just so I understand, you suggest using a USB to wired ethernet adapter (not wireless, which is what I'm using now), which I would connect to the Netgear wireless router (it has 4 wired ports of its own). Any problem with the TriCaster 'multithreading' those two network connections? (I'm not an IT or Windows guy so forgive me if I'n not using the right terms), because that is what seems to be happening now.

Another clarification: The built in ethernet connection on the TriCaster needs to remain on the campus network to facilitate both the LiveText PC and for feeding the NDI signal to other PCs in the building (using NDI Monitor app). The second ethernet connection is for the iPhone feed via the Netgear router.
    Last edited by gtaylor48192; 09-12-2017 at 10:14 AM.

NDI supports multiple Ethernet interfaces, in fact our new TC1 system come with two interfaces standard.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.