Thread: improve ndi workflow

improve ndi workflow

Hi. I'm on an installation that have

1 tricaster 8000, 1 tricaster 460 AE, 2 VCM1 IN, 2 VCM1 out and some pc with the aplications, all of these are connected to HP managed switch

the NDI traffic is very bad when we tuurn on all devices. a lot of drops, and freeze image.

we test only connecting tricaster 8000 and 1 VCM1 IN, it going well only with 2 signals NDI, after use the 3th and 4th not work fine.

is there a way to improve it??

I tried to connect both NICs on the VCM1 modules but it seems that only one NIC work. do you have any advices, or some kind of test
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1688.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	852.6 KB 
ID:	137834

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

Being you are only getting a few streams, the cause must be something pretty major.

Some things to try.

1. Try forcing the Ethernet interfaces to 1Gb speed instead of AUTO.
    2. Have you checked the cables? Are they at least CAT5e? Tried replacing cables? I can't tell you how many times the issue is a cable, even if it is rated the correct speed and looks okay.
    3. Try a different switch? I know you have a high end one, but sometimes that means that there is more to configure. Try a dumb switch, see if things work and if it does then it is a setting in the HP switch (QoS rules?)
    4. Multiple NIC will work on the VMC. Are you trying to setup link aggregation or just plugging them in? You just need to plug them in, no link aggregation setup is required.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Being you are only getting a few streams, the cause must be something pretty major.

Some things to try.

1. Try forcing the Ethernet interfaces to 1Gb speed instead of AUTO.
    2. Have you checked the cables? Are they at least CAT5e? Tried replacing cables? I can't tell you how many times the issue is a cable, even if it is rated the correct speed and looks okay.
    3. Try a different switch? I know you have a high end one, but sometimes that means that there is more to configure. Try a dumb switch, see if things work and if it does then it is a setting in the HP switch (QoS rules?)
    4. Multiple NIC will work on the VMC. Are you trying to setup link aggregation or just plugging them in? You just need to plug them in, no link aggregation setup is required.
    Hi Mr Kanep thanks for answer, I verify the first 2 options they are ok

i will try with a basic cisco router that i have
    about the NIC, i don't try a link agregation is it mandatory??

i only plug both NICK and assing and static IP but as you see on the picture only one work.

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter