Thread: Impressions from NDIHX-PTZ1

Impressions from NDIHX-PTZ1

Hi
    Just received the first batch 4 NDIHX-PTZ1. Exited to finally have a true end to end broadcast IP system.

First thoughts for now..is to make them better plug and play cameras and some suggestions:
    1. Please include HX codec. (Now it took lot of time to install the codec on all units. I hope the HX codec be embedded in VMC1/TriCaster + NDI toolspack?)
    2. Please deliver always with DHCP (Some cameras was delivered with static IP. Took a long time to find out how get the embedded menu up and look at the output from SDI to see the menu. Then in the menu figure out how to switch to DHCP)
    3. Please deliver the cameras without a login and password (user can set password later if they want, but during setup it is just extra hassle to have it on)
    4. In the cameras web-interface I would like to see an "apply" button. Now you cant really be sure if the changes was actually accepted
    5. Bringing up the NDIHX in studio monitor when HX codec is not installed the initial link is to "new.tk/ndihx". With this link you arrive at newtek.com. I guess the correct link should be "new.tk/PTZ1Info"

Keep on the good work!
    //Martin

Thanks for the feedback. I'll add some remarks below.

1). As I understand it, the HX driver is part of the purchase, so I doubt it can be pre-installed. Maybe it might be possible to pre-install it and then unlock it when licensed, not sure. (I know this can be tedious, even though it doesn't really take very long; I've done it hundreds of times.)

2) DHCP is on by default. If a DHCP server is not detected, after a couple of minutes the camera flips over to the default static ip. So, for example, if you power the camera up a little while before connecting it, you may find it set to a static ip. In such a case, you can generally power cycle it to restore DHCP.

3) I'm not certain why this is so, our whether it can be changed...but I will say that of the dozens types of ptz cameras I've tested, every one was delivered with a password already set, so this may be a necessity.

4) This kind of bugs me too, although I've gotten used to it.

5) Without my first cup of coffee, not sure which link you are referring to...can you post a screengrab?

Thanks again!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Steve,
    Thanks for your reply!
    1. I can see now that the HX driver now is included when downloading Newtek updates, so that is a good first step. I would hope though that it will be included in the software.
    2. Ok, might be what happened. What about including some auto discovery software like Panasonic has. Where the camera can be found regardless of IP settings?
    3. Then I hope you will be the first to deliver it without a password
    4. Yes, it becomes difficult to know what setting you are on. Try changing video bandwith.. you know what I mean.
    5. This link seems to work now so no issue any more - see image (This happened when you open the camera source in NDI video monitor and didnt have the HX codec downloaded)

//Martin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	137885