Thread: Skype TX controller issues

Skype TX controller issues

After the Skype upgrade, I've had to upgrade my Windows machine to Windows 10 that I run the TX controller application. In doing so, I've lost the ability to connect to the TalkShow units. I'm being prompted to enter in credentials for each TS unit, which I'm assuming is the TS unit's user account. However, nothing I'm putting in is working. I looked for the "Require Control Security" option to disable it but can't seem to find it with the new software, which is what I think I did when I set TX controller initially. Any thoughts?

Have you upgraded the TalkShow software to the newest software? If you have the 'Require Control Security' option, it sounds like you are on the older version of software.

Also, once you upgrade, you have to add a password to the TalkShow unit so that Skype TX Control can connect.
    Last edited by kanep; 08-30-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Try the IP addresses of TalkShow units, and at next step you may also need the computer "name" and login password for Windows on those units. I have a TC1 and when controlling from Skype TX, that is the process now. Was "forced" to create a login password for Windows on TC1 just to use Skype TX Controller! In TC1, clicking the globe at top right corner of screen provides IP address, not sure if TS units offer the same from interface screen?

I do have a TalkShow VS100 that I use with TC1, but Skype TX Control is running on the VS100 itself so is not asking for any credentials for that local unit, just TC1. Well, one does have to enter "localhost" as the address so I guess it is requiring credentials.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thanks Kane...I have updated the software, although it looks like there is a new update hanging out there that I've not installed yet. I assumed that since I couldn't find the "Require Control Security" option, it had been removed. Do I need to create a sign-in password or just an administrator or user password? I've actually attempted both with the same results, but fear that I may have created more problems than I had intended to fix.
    Last edited by uatv-admin; 08-30-2017 at 03:27 PM.

The new TalkShow/Skype TX4 software doesn't have this option.

Add a password to the built in 'TalkShow' user that the system currently has. Just boot up the system and press Control-Alt-Delete at the desktop and you should have an option to 'Change a password'. I think after you set the password you will need to reboot the system.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

That did it! I have them now attached. Thanks Kane!