Thread: NDI Studio Monitor error

NDI Studio Monitor error

Hi,

I have installed the new NDI Studio Monitor and have this error. The old version runs without any problem

Your GPU Cannot run Video Monitor
    OpenGL Shaders not supported

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	137787

I have updated the graphics card driver.
    Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Would help to know what kind of GPU you have, driver version and OS version.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Would help to know what kind of GPU you have, driver version and OS version.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1703
    Graphics Intel G41 Express 8.15. 10.2702
    CPU intel core2 duo e8400 3.0ghz

It's a prompter machine with autocue

According to Wikipedia, that GPU is from 2008. My guess is that is it missing features required for the new version of Studio Monitor, which is taking advantage of hardware acceleration. Can you upgrade the graphics of the system? Otherwise, I think you will have to stay with the previous NDI Monitor software.
    Last edited by kanep; 08-30-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I'm surprised NDI ever worked at all on that machine - while you've updated to Windows 10, the hardware itself is over 9 years old, which might as well be a million in "computer years". Even when new, a Core 2 duo was not a powerful machine.

Newtek lists these NDI System Requirements:

• 64-bit Microsoft® Windows 7 operating system (OS) or better.
    • Intel i5 Sandy Bridge CPU or better with integrated GPU (NVIDIA discrete GPU, with 2GB video memory or better recommended)
    • 8GB system memory.
    • Gigabit connection or better.
    • Display with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.

I hope you can get it working, but not optimistic, maybe roll back to previous NDI Monitor that did work for you.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: PTZ Optics 20x SDI

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    I'm surprised NDI ever worked at all on that machine - while you've updated to Windows 10, the hardware itself is over 9 years old, which might as well be a million in "computer years". Even when new, a Core 2 duo was not a powerful machine.

Newtek lists these NDI System Requirements:

• 64-bit Microsoft® Windows 7 operating system (OS) or better.
    • Intel i5 Sandy Bridge CPU or better with integrated GPU (NVIDIA discrete GPU, with 2GB video memory or better recommended)
    • 8GB system memory.
    • Gigabit connection or better.
    • Display with screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.

I hope you can get it working, but not optimistic, maybe roll back to previous NDI Monitor that did work for you.

Thanks
    I will stay with last version of monitor but the scan converter is the last and working.
    It's the oldest computer that i have in the studio but only runs Autocue QMaster and some times QStart with NDI. I use NDI scan converter to send Prompt to Tricaster Multiview. The machine is more than capable for that and it is fast no need for update.

The computer have 4Gb RAM, Gigabit in a rackmount case running very cool, the resolution it's working at 1920x1080 at 60hz. (it's was a secretary computer and before this i have a Pentium running a older autocue with windows 95... i have updated because i was afraid that some day the machine dies... so i have updated the autocue and the computer)

Hope NDI is backwards compatible for some time.

Thanks
    Last edited by Joaosantos; 08-31-2017 at 10:46 AM.

You do realize that QStart now incorporates NDI directly and you don't need to run Scan Converter to make it work? You can pull down the NDI capable version free from the NewTek store.

Drop me a line if you've got any questions.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    You do realize that QStart now incorporates NDI directly and you don't need to run Scan Converter to make it work? You can pull down the NDI capable version free from the NewTek store.

Drop me a line if you've got any questions.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications
    Yes but for use the QBox we need to use QMaster that is integrated with Avid iNews. The QStart is light version that I only use for small things or portable situations when I use another computer monitor as a prompter. I have ask Autocue for NDI on Qmaster or QBox but there is no intention to integrate... strange because is a top of line software.

Thanks for the help.

I understand why you're using their other software now.

Maybe if you (and enough other people) asked, they'd incorporate NDI into their other software.

Fritz