Thread: Stuttering/frame drops on NDI output

Stuttering/frame drops on NDI output

Currently experiencing an NDI problem with our I/O module - one of the SDI inputs is having an issue with its NDI output.

If I monitor the NDI feed on one of our TC1s or the NDI Monitor application, the video is choppy/stuttering, as if frames are being dropped or there's network issues. Other NDI outputs from the same I/O unit work fine.

If I reboot the unit it will likely fix it, but having random NDI feeds stop functioning eventually is a big deal, especially when I am trying my best to run this thing headless, as advertised.

Any troubleshooting steps or debug info I can get while this thing is in a broken state? Thanks!
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd

I would start with double checking the Ethernet interface and verify that it is really running at 1Gb speed. After that I would contact support.
    https://www.newtek.com/support/get-support/
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Having this issue again on a live meeting. Network is fine - everything is running at 1gbit.

I tried rebooting the NCIO, but can't reboot the TriCaster since it's live. The TriCaster was powered off until about 30 minutes before the meeting started anyway.

How can I troubleshoot this?
    TriCaster TC1 #1
    TriCaster TC1 #2
    NC1 Studio I/O Module
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #1
    TriCaster Mini SDI Advanced #2
    Video Nerd